Goodbye Iphone *sniff* :o(

BLASTphemus

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
After 4 years of using a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 3G on Tmobile I've finally had enough of the slow edge speed connection and constant lag. I pulled the trigger on a white GSII today. It should be here by middle of next week. :eek:)

I absolutely loved having the ability to fully customize my Iphone to my liking. Of course having all the free apps my iphone could hold was also great. Great user experience and fun to use and customize. It was simply never being able to use 3G/4G speeds while everyone I know is speeding away in thier 3G/4G phones is what finally convinced me to leave the jailbreak/unlock community.

I plan on rooting my GSII and only hope I can get the same customization ability as I did with my iphone. I'm a complete noob to the android community but plan to learn as much as I can to take advantage of the GSII.

I can't wait until it gets here! :)

Any tips or tricks on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

3sixV

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
If you want to root, here is a great video showing you how How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S2! [SGH-T989] - YouTube

There's a lot of great roms over at xda T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 - xda-developers.

I am running beastMod 4.2 and so far I really like it.

Make sure you know what you are doing before you root or install a rom, you wouldn't wan't to brick your phone. And DO NOT under any circumstances install a rom on your phone from another forum other than the one I linked you to. If you install an at&t rom on your tmobile version you will brick your phone.

Good luck and have fun with your new phone :)

Reactions: BLASTphemus

BLASTphemus

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
When bricking an iphone you can restore in itunes and have it functional again to manufacture's specs. Is this the case for bricking a GS2??

briankurtz79

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about being able to customize Android as much as apple.jailbreak or not Android beats apple in customization hands down even before root. Then when you do look out! There is a little boy more of a learning curve but that comes with anything that has more options. Just upgraded myself from an evo 4g to the sprint galaxy s 2. Love it! Also had an iPhone back in the day with jailbreak. It doesn't even compare. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta