Last night, I was checking my account via my SGSII, when the my data app said there was a new version, and directed me to the market (Play Store:P), and there was another app called ""MTC" by OJSC Mobile TeleSystems" which was in Russian. Per the Market, it is for a Russian telco. I didn't update this app as I have automatic updates turned off, I only updated my other app.
    I saw a few entries in XDA and nobody has been able to remove it. Anyone seen this app in their Market settings?
    03-26-2012 03:27 PM
    It's in my updates also. I wish someone had some info about how the got in our updates.
    03-26-2012 05:03 PM
    I also got this weird app this morning I didn't check what I updated but I just clicked update all and next thing you know I got this "MTC" app installed without my permission the good thing is it failed to update and now its just sitting there on my update list SOMEONE HELP I DON'T WANT THIS APP
    03-26-2012 05:46 PM
    Just got this article from someone at the T-Mo forums.
    Maybe not as bad as we think...

Google Play bug installs Russian email app on some Samsung Android devices | The Verge
    03-26-2012 06:03 PM
    Looks like the Droid 3 ran into this issue today. Google pulled it and it also may not be malicious.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/28...ly-removes-it/
    03-28-2012 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD