06-14-2012 11:11 AM
51 123
tools
    I didn't even know there was an update. I get a text message saying congratulations your phone has an update. Press ok to continue, and says you will not be able to use your phone including 911 for at least 10 min.
    So I press ok phone shut down restated and blue bar. 3 min later it reboots again and that was it. I see nothing in the about phone not sure if this Was there before GINGERBREAD.ULVDE and T989ULVDE. Nothing saying update.
    05-30-2012 11:23 AM
    Never mind I read the prerequisite has that being the update. So I see I have what it's written above it.
    05-30-2012 11:33 AM
    Just updated my phone ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2012 11:33 AM
    I have echo on call never had that before. Seems the phone is faster but I usually always had 5 bars Now only 4 and my wifi is not hitting the strength I had. I was always in the green with Wifi analyzer now i'm at the lower yellow. Even moving near the router in my house it is no place near where it use to be.

I hope this is not the start of some bad crap. You could Keep the pretty screen. Give me my signal strength back. My Swype is spelling wrong words. If I hit the S key it is becoming a Z. If iz Of unless I correct it. WTF is going on. Not happy
    05-30-2012 04:31 PM
    Going you pull Barry and zee of it fixes it....zee what I mrs. mean my Swype was never like thiz
    05-30-2012 04:38 PM
    I've had more echoing calls and more force closes since I updated. Haven't notice any signal issues though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2012 06:32 PM
    Well the battery pull didn't do anything and I realize my e-mail and text notificationz don't work. Media volume all the way up. They work if I check the settings e-mail notification.and the text one. But when a text out e-mail comez in nothing. Not even vibration. Phone notification works. my wifi is still low, but my phone jumps between 4 & 5 barz

Can I go back before the update or i'm going to try the my phone and the tech support thing. I will give it till tomorrow and see maybe it will ztraighten out.
    05-30-2012 09:34 PM
    I'm not going back to fix the sperling this phone was working 100%. I only did battery pulls when the phone zaid you have not turned your phone off for Xx Weeks.to improve performance it iz recommended to turn it off. Swype and even zpeeking worked great.
    05-30-2012 09:38 PM
    http://t.co/jYNWTUN5

Sent From Universe S lV
    06-01-2012 02:28 PM
    Ics June 11th
    http://t.co/jYNWTUN5

Sent From Universe S lV
    06-01-2012 02:29 PM
    T-Mobile Tweets Ice Cream Sandwich Update For Galaxy S II http://dlvr.it/1fcn5H

06-01-2012 03:20 PM
    Well i'm afraid to try anything at this point. Not only an I getting echos on calls, if I make them or they are zent to me. But when I hang up the phone freezes andwill not go back to the home screen. At least the call endz and the person isn't ztill connected.

My notification sounds are working and not so many spelling errors with the Z instead of the S for wordz. Maybe my 5 bars will come back and the wifi will go back to the green and 4 to 5 lines fir it, inztead of 2 to 3. Plus when I an on a web site and I scroll. I zee a black and white checkerboard pattern till I see words or a picture. Figure I didn't care if I got ICS. I was happy the way my phone waz working.
    06-01-2012 05:13 PM
    My pleasure.
    Sounds like you need a factory reset

06-01-2012 05:25 PM
    Sounds like you need a factory reset

I was waiting for someone to zay that. I'm going to try it later when I have time
    06-02-2012 10:42 AM
    Yeah cause ive never had any probs smooth as butter

06-02-2012 11:04 AM
    I'm wondering if doing it with wifi on did something. It was like a minute and half that it took to down load. Then 3 min or lezs for it to load then reboot. Maybe I got a corrupted download?
    It did go very zmooth but most people day it was a lot longer for the whole procesz. Also when I Swype it takes a couple of seconds for it to appear. I could be on the 3rd word in a sentence before they finally show.
    06-02-2012 12:43 PM
    Good news factory reset fixed my Swype problem, I also now have 4 bars and it hits 5 sometimes. My wIfi is back in the greem with Wifi analyzer, but not has high as it was before. Not sure about calls and echos yet.
    chuang4u likes this.
    06-04-2012 07:58 AM
    Nothing to install on your computer. Open the Kies app it will give you an IP address that you enter in your browser's URL window. Be patient sometimes it takes awhile to pop up. I tried and there wasn't an update for me.

Edit: Got the update today!
    06-08-2012 04:32 AM
    No echo anymore after another reset. Now didn't I read ICS is suppose to start being sent from yesterday. Not that i'm looking forward to it after the toruble I had.
    06-11-2012 07:54 AM
    It's June 11th, anyone getting ICS from tmobile yet? If so, where are you getting the file?

06-11-2012 01:44 PM
    We all are patiently waiting to see what's new. I'm a BlackBerry convert to this phone and loving everything about it. Great hardware and I'm rather impressed with the battery life.

I had an HTC Sensation around a year ago and really wanted to like that phone but just sitting idle, it required recharging at noon.

My Galaxy S2 is not only faster and more powerful, but also gets great battery life. Sold my BlackBerry phone on Craigslist so there's no going back now.

06-11-2012 03:44 PM
    Its funny over at the t-mobile forums. There is a thread that was started in March and it is crazy people up all night waiting for ICS . Now i'm getting email updates every couple of minutes, people waiting till 11pm eastern and 8pm western time. I think T-mobile servers are going to blow up if it really means that it is going to let it out then.
    06-11-2012 08:57 PM
    According to T-Mobile this update will only be available on Kies and not OTA. So, fire up you PC, install Kies and connect your phone to your PC to do the update. Given all of us on Android Central or any other Android forum are only a small percent of the Android base. I suspect the servers will handle the load.

Also, 95% of all GSII users will never even know that ICS is available for their phone. Sad but probably true.
    06-11-2012 09:16 PM
    Yea I know it gets done over the kies on the computer, but i'm waiting a week or two before I install it. I am in no hurry after the fiasco with the maintenance update. I will see how other peoples phones work.
    About the only thing I would like is the face recognition. That's if my face don't break it.
    the motion works fine, have NFC, voice recognition works. I use it to post and text or write email.
    From what I have been reading it isn't the real ICS, but I could be wrong.
    Has long as I don't have echo, get cut off when taking, good wifi and phone reception i'm doing good. If I can stay on 4g instead of edge just because I cross the street where I live, I would be even happier and if the net would give me the same speed on a weekend like I get during the week. Then all would be golden. I don't think ICS are going to fix those problems.
    But at least T-mobile didn't hook
    up with at&trash because I would have been pissed after I left them for T-mobile.
    06-11-2012 09:49 PM
    Downloading Kies now, didn't realize that it was different than Kies Air. Man!

06-11-2012 09:54 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD