Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool looks!

mjcity00768

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It has the cool lock screen, I'm still trying it out to see more Features
Beginning May 21, the Samsung Galaxy S II will receive a necessary software update to Android version 2.3.6 / Software T989UVLDE to improve performance, stability and a Google Security fix. The software update will be available OTA and Kies after May 23. The update will continue until June 22.

Check the Software version.
Software versions
Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE

Version
Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE
Over-The-Air Update (32.3 MB)
Approved 5/21/12
Improvements:
Random reboot/power off fixed
Device stability improvements
Qualcomm chip patch
Google Security fixes
Prerequisites
Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVKL1 update
At least 50% battery life

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool lo

I like the new anti Apple lawsuit lockscreen. No more point to point sliding, now slide anywhere you want.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
They also added 2 new live wallpapers and removed 2.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

fi9ueroa

May 3, 2012
Visit site

How do you get this update again? Mine keeps saying "no firmware"

Bluevmax1992

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I made an attempt at performing this update today and to my surprise it went flawlessly. I live in the cincinnati ohio area. It was smooth and gr8. Took about 40 minutes from start of download to pc to install and reboot of phone.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I made an attempt at performing this update today and to my surprise it went flawlessly. I live in the cincinnati ohio area. It was smooth and gr8. Took about 40 minutes from start of download to pc to install and reboot of phone.

Yup I wasn't expecting anything cause it's been months since an update and voila

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bluevmax1992

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The eye candy for visible on alarms, answering the phone, and the lock screen. I also noticed in the menu under Ringtone, where it asked you about vibrate or not, there are 3 different settings you can change with respect to how hard the phone vibrates and haptic feedback settings too.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Seem like my battery life is better. But I need a real work day to be sure.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The eye candy for visible on alarms, answering the phone, and the lock screen. I also noticed in the menu under Ringtone, where it asked you about vibrate or not, there are 3 different settings you can change with respect to how hard the phone vibrates and haptic feedback settings too.

Just tried that alarm clock wow looks awesome. They just gave us this update to hold up on ics like throwing a dog a bone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

i tried to get this update a few times today on my mac and pc without success. had it connected through kies and downloaded the update (took almost 2 hours... wtf) at about 70% it jumps up incrementally to 100% then auto ejects my phone and gives me an error message.

now my phone is hanging on the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. not sure if its going to do anything since the same thing happened the first time i tried. any ideas wtf is going on?

ill update if theres any news.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20