Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool looks!

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i tried to get this update a few times today on my mac and pc without success. had it connected through kies and downloaded the update (took almost 2 hours... wtf) at about 70% it jumps up incrementally to 100% then auto ejects my phone and gives me an error message.

now my phone is hanging on the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. not sure if its going to do anything since the same thing happened the first time i tried. any ideas wtf is going on?

ill update if theres any news.

Try doing a factory reset then found the update

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: blooper

salm04

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool lo

Noon here. Do I need to install Kies on my desktop in order to get this update? Never used Kies until today on my s2 and when I open it it just says connect to same network and shows my wifi network? Help is appreciated thx!

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
There is some steps you need to follow to use the Kies air but yes install on your pc which you need anyways.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I didn't even know there was an update. I get a text message saying congratulations your phone has an update. Press ok to continue, and says you will not be able to use your phone including 911 for at least 10 min.
So I press ok phone shut down restated and blue bar. 3 min later it reboots again and that was it. I see nothing in the about phone not sure if this Was there before GINGERBREAD.ULVDE and T989ULVDE. Nothing saying update.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Never mind I read the prerequisite has that being the update. So I see I have what it's written above it.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I have echo on call never had that before. Seems the phone is faster but I usually always had 5 bars Now only 4 and my wifi is not hitting the strength I had. I was always in the green with Wifi analyzer now i'm at the lower yellow. Even moving near the router in my house it is no place near where it use to be.

I hope this is not the start of some bad crap. You could Keep the pretty screen. Give me my signal strength back. My Swype is spelling wrong words. If I hit the S key it is becoming a Z. If iz Of unless I correct it. WTF is going on. Not happy:-\

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Going you pull Barry and zee of it fixes it....zee what I mrs. mean my Swype was never like thiz

courtneyp85

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had more echoing calls and more force closes since I updated. Haven't notice any signal issues though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Well the battery pull didn't do anything and I realize my e-mail and text notificationz don't work. Media volume all the way up. They work if I check the settings e-mail notification.and the text one. But when a text out e-mail comez in nothing. Not even vibration. Phone notification works. my wifi is still low, but my phone jumps between 4 & 5 barz

Can I go back before the update or i'm going to try the my phone and the tech support thing. I will give it till tomorrow and see maybe it will ztraighten out.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm not going back to fix the sperling this phone was working 100%. I only did battery pulls when the phone zaid you have not turned your phone off for Xx Weeks.to improve performance it iz recommended to turn it off. Swype and even zpeeking worked great.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Well i'm afraid to try anything at this point. Not only an I getting echos on calls, if I make them or they are zent to me. But when I hang up the phone freezes andwill not go back to the home screen. At least the call endz and the person isn't ztill connected.

My notification sounds are working and not so many spelling errors with the Z instead of the S for wordz. Maybe my 5 bars will come back and the wifi will go back to the green and 4 to 5 lines fir it, inztead of 2 to 3. Plus when I an on a web site and I scroll. I zee a black and white checkerboard pattern till I see words or a picture. Figure I didn't care if I got ICS. I was happy the way my phone waz working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie