Hows the battery life on it?..
    i dont really use alot of apps on a daily basis and i always use "task killer pro" to close most apps when im done using them. whats the average tha a battery can last on a daily basis??.. just wondering. I hope is close to my blackberry bold 9900 (atleast 8-10 hours without charging).

any most have apps for the galaxy sII?

if you own 1, what will you rate it from 1-10?

thanks in advanced
    06-04-2012 11:36 PM
    It already has a task killer that lets you know the programs running. Must have app is Noled to let you know when you have texts, emails etc. There is no notification light on Tmo's GSII. I Actually like it better than an led light because it's customizable.
    06-05-2012 05:08 AM
    My most used app is Good, but then it's required for my company email.

Battery lasts most of the day. Juice Defender will give you more battery time.

Android as an OS is very different than BB, or windows for that matter with respect to memory management. in older operating systems, unused RAM = Good. in Android and iOS, unused RAM = BAD. The OS will do everything in its power to keep memory full, this makes the phone appear more responsive. Using a task killer to kill unused apps actually makes the phone seem slower to the user, as the OS is busy predicting why you closed it, and what to open behind the scenes in anticipation of your needs. This is pretty simplistic, but gets the idea across.

bottom line - dont use task killers on Android from Gingerbread forward.

The screen is beautiful, but i would reccomend a screen protector, i personally like a Zagg.

One last question. While this is a great phone (i love mine, and was a BB user for almost forever), since the GS3 will launch on T-Mobile in 17 days, why not wait for that? unless your getting a great deal or your BB is dead.
    06-05-2012 11:14 PM
    My most used app is Good, but then it's required for my company email.

Battery lasts most of the day. Juice Defender will give you more battery time.

Android as an OS is very different than BB, or windows for that matter with respect to memory management. in older operating systems, unused RAM = Good. in Android and iOS, unused RAM = BAD. The OS will do everything in its power to keep memory full, this makes the phone appear more responsive. Using a task killer to kill unused apps actually makes the phone seem slower to the user, as the OS is busy predicting why you closed it, and what to open behind the scenes in anticipation of your needs. This is pretty simplistic, but gets the idea across.

bottom line - dont use task killers on Android from Gingerbread forward.

The screen is beautiful, but i would reccomend a screen protector, i personally like a Zagg.

One last question. While this is a great phone (i love mine, and was a BB user for almost forever), since the GS3 will launch on T-Mobile in 17 days, why not wait for that? unless your getting a great deal or your BB is dead.
    thanks for your advice.
    yeah i got a good deal selling the bb and thats why i bought the galaxy S II. The S III looks nice but i dont want to spent more $ than what i got for my bold 9900.
    Yeah i always use screen protector & an OTTERBOX case.
    I will post pics of my galaxy S II when im done transfering everything.
    06-05-2012 11:27 PM
    It already has a task killer that lets you know the programs running. Must have app is Noled to let you know when you have texts, emails etc. There is no notification light on Tmo's GSII. I Actually like it better than an led light because it's customizable.
    Im in love with that app. just what i need when i get a sms text, email, facebook notification, etc...

here are some of my screenshots! =)

06-07-2012 08:56 PM
    OK, now i a jealous. not about the phone, we both have that. but that your weather looks better then mine. Today we were similar but it was 96 yesterday!

Enjoy - you will love it.
    06-07-2012 09:42 PM
    You can also set it to view your battery level while it's charging and to turn off the display during certain hours.

Enjoy your phone. Made my hubby get rid of his BB for an Android.
    06-08-2012 04:39 AM
    Galaxy S2 from tmobile is an awesome phone. I also bought an extended battery from Amazon for 19.99 with extended battery cover inclusive. I have the white one. Black is also available. Search for QCell extended battey for T989 Galaxy S2 at Amazon. Its freaking awesome battery with sexy battery cover which matches perfectly with the body color of ur Galaxy S2. The battery life is awesome with QCell. It gives me 24+ hours with moderate use in single charge. Worth every penny.

Also dont forget to install Juice Defender app for Android. Its a must have app for battery performance. It has given mw close to 2 days on single charge with my QCell extended battery on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Cheers!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 08:53 AM
    This is somewhat of a rather small world here. I retired my aging BlackBerry Bold 9700 and also picked up a S2 the other day decking it out with a 32GB class 10 MicroSD card (overkill anyone)?

Was simply getting frustrated with my old 'Berry and I'm loving the major performance gain. The phone is a beast! After spending a week or so learning it's quirks and features. This really has me liking Samsung again (I was an early Android adopter and bought the Behold II, if anyone here remembers that nightmare you know my pain).

The only trick I haven't quite nailed was screen captures as my butterfingers nearly dropped it twice already.

The only thing I have yet to decide on is a case or a holster like I'm used to from using my BlackBerry for so long. I originally wanted to shelve my Bold long ago when I got the Behold II as I simply loved the camera. The phone's nasty issues of killing memory cards sent it on it's way to ebay and used my 9700 till now.

I still have my PlayBook and love it, but after some quality time in the T-Mobile store with the Galaxy S2, I was sold. Even over the newer HTC One.
    chris7021 likes this.
    06-09-2012 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD