I got a message on my phone this morning that a new update was available, I said "OK" but it wound up going to ClockWork recovery mode.

So I then rebooted and unrooted my phone but now when I check for updates it says "No Firmware"! Ugh I can't believe I missed it! Is there anyway to force the update?

Is this the ICS update? I know it's supposed to come June 11, but maybe they were able to release it early???

Thanks for any help!
    06-08-2012 09:56 AM
    If you got an update notification, it is almost certainly ics. Companies usually do a limited release as a beta before the official release, you are probably part of the limited release (usually called a soak test). It should repush itself to you eventually. If you are already back on a stock recovery, you could try to boot into it and pick apply update.zip. It is unlikely that the zip is still there, but it is worth a shot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 10:01 AM
    Before unrooting I checked internal storage as well as my SD card and didn't see any new files anywhere. Is there a specific location to check?

When I boot to recovery it asks me for a location of the file.
    06-08-2012 10:22 AM
    Before unrooting I checked internal storage as well as my SD card and didn't see any new files anywhere. Is there a specific location to check?

When I boot to recovery it asks me for a location of the file.
    It usually deletes itself after the first attempt. If you still have a backup, I would try a factory reset. I got pushed an update early before and had the same thing happen, and a factory reset fixed it. No promises though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 10:30 AM
    Well, I now have a freshly wiped device and no update... LOL oh well.

Thanks for the tips though. greatly appreciated!
    06-08-2012 12:04 PM
    I received this same update and it prompted me to restart without even downloading anything. My phone is rooted and it flashed clockwork mod. Once I rebooted nothing happened. I see that dmservice is running, but should I unroot and see if they'll attempt to send the update again or is it possible for me to force the update?
    06-08-2012 03:05 PM
    WhiteShadow,

Don't bother, I tried everything and I never got another chance at the update from this morning. You and I both missed out probably because we were rooted.

The official launch is scheduled for Monday so you may as well get un-rooted and back to stock now in preparation for next week.
    06-08-2012 04:38 PM
    WhiteShadow,

Don't bother, I tried everything and I never got another chance at the update from this morning. You and I both missed out probably because we were rooted.

The official launch is scheduled for Monday so you may as well get un-rooted and back to stock now in preparation for next week.
    06-09-2012 01:20 PM
    I also got this update notification so I am on rooted my phone then I hooked up to kies and check my firmware an updated it was not ice cream sandwich however I do believe the firmware is preparation for ice cream sandwich just some of the things on my phone did change
    06-09-2012 01:22 PM

06-09-2012 01:23 PM

I to receive this notification update I un root my phone and I hooked up to kies it automatically pushed new firmware on to my phone it was not ice cream sandwich software update but I do believe the firmware is preparation for ice cream sandwich. Make sure u have latest version of kies.
    06-09-2012 01:27 PM
    U have to hook up to kies and u will recieve update
    06-09-2012 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD