T mobile gs2 update

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an annoying voicemail icon that just won't leave my status bar. Rebooted, pulled battery, no luck. My only other annoyance is (or was) having to rebuild all my folders etc. Some other issues here and there but hopefully a patch shows sooner or later.

My home / lock screen displays the time of 03:52 AM. I don't have 24hour clock enabled

Overall, the most annoying problem I have is that my cover art for my music is completely screwed up. Deleted the thumbs.db with no luck :confused:

Wrong covers on the wrong songs, had no issues with my library on my 32GB SD card in Gingerbread, may just have to format it and start fresh. A long wait despite being a class 10.

lethalgorman

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah right, nothing on this update that Go Launcher doesn't do. Hoping for performance improvements.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an annoying voicemail icon that just won't leave my status bar. Rebooted, pulled battery, no luck. My only other annoyance is (or was) having to rebuild all my folders etc. Some other issues here and there but hopefully a patch shows sooner or later.

My home / lock screen displays the time of 03:52 AM. I don't have 24hour clock enabled

Overall, the most annoying problem I have is that my cover art for my music is completely screwed up. Deleted the thumbs.db with no luck :confused:

Wrong covers on the wrong songs, had no issues with my library on my 32GB SD card in Gingerbread, may just have to format it and start fresh. A long wait despite being a class 10.

While many hate to do this, but I'd recommend a hard reset after an update especially with this one. It may resolve many of the issues you are having.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Wow! A Tmobile update. But what about my Sgt 1 (t849)? Please tell me there is an update that I missed. Sorry to be off topic.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk 2

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I lost my lock screen (the one without a password)! Now if I press the Power button (after it goes to sleep) I just jump back to whatever screen I was on (e.g., Home, an app, whatever). Any ideas?
Never mind... it's a feature -- now, you choose either a swipe or a passcode (in its myriad Android forms). When the phone sleeps, the power button takes you right to wherever you were unless it's been long enough that the phone locked itself.

And still no scrolling wallpaper!

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If there was one feature I miss coming from my years of using a BlackBerry, it was the ability to hide all the T-Mobile bloat-ware into a single folder and hide it.
Ah, but there is (I feel your pain, having had come off of a BB9700 last week).

On Home screen:
  • Tap "Applications"
  • Menu -> View Type -> Customizable Grid
  • Menu -> Edit
  • "Add Folder" -- I labeled mine 'T-Mo Crap'
  • That mode allows you to drag/drop/delete apps -- drag crap into folder(s) as you otherwise would
  • When done, Menu -> View Type -> Alphabetical Grid
Voila! Done.
You can't hide the folder, but at least it's reduced to one icon.

Reactions: lethalgorman

salm04

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so now that I downloaded ICS where the heck is the option to disable background data? It's not under Accounts and Sync anymore.

lethalgorman

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah, but there is (I feel your pain, having had come off of a BB9700 last week).

On Home screen:
  • Tap "Applications"
  • Menu -> View Type -> Customizable Grid
  • Menu -> Edit
  • "Add Folder" -- I labeled mine 'T-Mo Crap'
  • That mode allows you to drag/drop/delete apps -- drag crap into folder(s) as you otherwise would
  • When done, Menu -> View Type -> Alphabetical Grid
Voila! Done.
You can't hide the folder, but at least it's reduced to one icon.

Thanks, never thought of that. Works great, named mine "tmobile crapps". I got 14 apps in that folder.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, never thought of that. Works great, named mine "tmobile crapps". I got 14 apps in that folder.
You bet -- I found it by accident and thought Hey!.

I just wish we could uninstall the apps like we could with the BBs -- then all it left was the app URL and an icon but it took no real space anywhere... oh, well...

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

ICS should allow you to disable the apps that can't be uninstalled. Uninstall all updates and then disable them. It will stop them from running (ever) and remove them from your app list.

Or did T-Mobile make samsung take that out (lulz if so)?

The first thing I did when I got my device was uninstall and disable every single AT&T bloatware on the phone. Probably the best change going from GB to ICS, IMO.

Reactions: Sicily1918

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
ICS should allow you to disable the apps that can't be uninstalled. Uninstall all updates and then disable them. It will stop them from running (ever) and remove them from your app list.

Or did T-Mobile make samsung take that out (lulz if so)?

The first thing I did when I got my device was uninstall and disable every single AT&T bloatware on the phone. Probably the best change going from GB to ICS, IMO.
I was just about to point that out, but you did me one better by with the whole uninstalling updates and then disabling that feature. Sweet!

And no, there're a whole bunch of apps that were included in (i.e., forced) our phones (much like AT&T -- probably some are the same): Asphalt 6, Blio eBooks, Lookout Security, Netflix (this was bad -- like 25MB), and Polaris Office, to name a few.

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I will really be glad when Sprint releases the ics update. Im getting impatient as well, but not enough to switch to a different device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech