04-22-2013 03:58 PM
63 123
tools
    Also for those of you having battery problems this ics update messed up the batterys on your device. If device is less than a year old call your device manufacture they will replace it.
    08-11-2012 10:49 PM
    i also had bluetooth connectivity issues but no other noticeable issues
    08-11-2012 11:04 PM
    i also had bluetooth connectivity issues but no other noticeable issues
    i had bluetooth issues for a while too, but i decided to unpair all my devices from my phone and repair them again. seems to be working better now. i havent had much issues since i did this a few ago.
    08-13-2012 11:25 AM
    I was having performance problems and lock ups too, so decided to get rid of unneeded apps and widgets. Once I deleted HD widgets, the phone started working perfectly. It must not be compatible with ICS.
    08-18-2012 09:45 AM
    I have bluetooth problems I unpaired my headset and reconnected still the blue tooth headset tells me it disconnects amd it takes 30 or 40 min. To reconnect and turn the bluetooth on it seems the on amd off button sticks and will not turn on I take the battery out a about 10 to 15 times
    08-25-2012 06:44 PM
    I got a new phone from tmobile with the upgrades I still have the bluetooth problem

Sent from my MB525 using Android Central Forums
    08-26-2012 07:07 AM
    I just did the Android 4.04 T989UVLH1 update over Kies and my phone works MUCH better now, everything is smoother and faster, no lockups or reboots and the battery is lasting longer.
    Now my phone works like it did before the ICS update. Very Happy!
    08-30-2012 10:27 AM
    I just did the Android 4.04 T989UVLH1 update over Kies and my phone works MUCH better now, everything is smoother and faster, no lockups or reboots and the battery is lasting longer.
    Now my phone works like it did before the ICS update. Very Happy!
    Totally agree. This last update was a long time coming.
    08-30-2012 01:41 PM
    So the 4.04 fixed all the hiccups?

I'm still chugging along on 2.3.6 because
    1. My USB cable wouldn't work and Samsung took forever sending me a new one
    2. I was only hearing of problems with the ICS update.

Is everything good now?
    08-30-2012 06:40 PM
    4.0.3 was ok but there were a few problems. I will say though, 4.0.4 is much better over all. My phone is running great and I haven't had any issues. A few things I notice is GPS connects in seconds of turning on and finds more sats. When going from 4g to edge, its seamless. No lag when using the task manager. 4.0.4 is a very solid build and it paves the way for the jelly bean update that's coming down the road.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2012 10:42 PM
    I'm having issues with watching live streaming TV. I didn't have this issue with gingerbread only till i updated to ics. Someone help football season almost here!!!!
    08-31-2012 12:43 PM
    I did a live chat with Samsung about the same issues. They made me do a factory reset. I didn't think this was a big deal as I back my s2 up twice a week on kies. Once the reset was completed I hooked back up to kies to restore my phone and nothing came back. Now it shows it loading back into my phone from kies and it took like 20 mins to complete but still none of my settings or apps were back. I even lost things I paid for. When I go to the market all it says is you've already purchased item then it gets stuck and forces close my play store. My phone is constantly getting stuck where I need to shut down and start back up. I love the look of ics and some of the new features but gingerbread was a lot more stable. I'm wondering if the phone just simply wasn't designed for that big of a jump from android 2.0. Whatever to the new 4.0.4. I whatever it is I hope they fix it soon cause it's driving me nuts.
    01-15-2013 08:07 AM
    I did a live chat with Samsung about the same issues. They made me do a factory reset. I didn't think this was a big deal as I back my s2 up twice a week on kies. Once the reset was completed I hooked back up to kies to restore my phone and nothing came back. Now it shows it loading back into my phone from kies and it took like 20 mins to complete but still none of my settings or apps were back. I even lost things I paid for. When I go to the market all it says is you've already purchased item then it gets stuck and forces close my play store. My phone is constantly getting stuck where I need to shut down and start back up. I love the look of ics and some of the new features but gingerbread was a lot more stable. I'm wondering if the phone just simply wasn't designed for that big of a jump from android 2.0. Whatever to the new 4.0.4. I whatever it is I hope they fix it soon cause it's driving me nuts.
    You might want to factory reset the device and clear the cache via recovery again. That might clear up a few things. If that doesn't work, now's the time to think about custom ROMs, as long as your device is rooted.
    04-22-2013 03:58 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD