Google Voice and Go SMS Pro - Use only the GV number

TheEFAF

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have looked and looked for an answer to this all day. I just got a Galaxy SII and I'm on T-Mobile's lovely $30 plan with 100 minuts, unlimited data, unlimited text. Naturally I get google voice/groove ip together and working nicely because 100 minutes is next to nothing.

The thing is, I want to use one phone number for EVERYTHING, including SMS texting. I know I can use the Google Voice app, but I don't really want to. I would really rather use something like Go SMS Pro. I don't want to go through the kluge method though, of having google voice send SMS texts to my phone, where I take the alt GV phone number for my friend from there and use it to reply (thus making it look like it came from my GV number). It creates all this extra naming and numbering nonsense in the texts and in my phone book. On top of that I've heard that google randomly decides to reassign these numbers. One day I might wake up and all those alternate numbers send to other people or off into the void. Can't have that! So is there any sort of stable solution? Remember, I have unlimited texts - I don't give a flying fig about it not "charging" my account or having to go through google voice specifically because it's free. It can go through my t-mobile account all it wants, I just want to have one universal phone number to the outside world and I want to unshackle myself from the google voice app when it comes to texting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463