JellyBean update for T Mobile Galaxy S II?

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The JB ROMs work fine. Just some features dont work properly. Like my picture frame stops working and wont scroll after awhile. Also emails in some are not pushing correctly. And then there is the SOD. I cant afford for my phone to be turned off and me not know it. I know i know a work in progress not really bashing its an amazing work. Just saying not ready at least for me. Im sure when its all set and done those roms will be better than tmos official JB

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
S voice? Google Now is way better. That's what comes with jelly bean. It's really the main reason I want jelly bean so bad. I know I could root and flash it but I'm just going to wait for jelly bean since its confirmed.

I know it's going to be at least a few months before it's released in the us probably more like 6 months even though the international s2 will be getting it by the end of the year. It's a crazy thing how the US is always last. But my s2 is running great and I'm happy with ics. But that doesn't change the fact I'd love jelly bean to be released for us by the end of the year. It's such a small update compared to ics, it makes no sense that it would take so long.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
S voice? Google Now is way better. That's what comes with jelly bean. It's really the main reason I want jelly bean so bad. I know I could root and flash it but I'm just going to wait for jelly bean since its confirmed.

I know it's going to be at least a few months before it's released in the us probably more like 6 months even though the international s2 will be getting it by the end of the year. It's a crazy thing how the US is always last. But my s2 is running great and I'm happy with ics. But that doesn't change the fact I'd love jelly bean to be released for us by the end of the year. It's such a small update compared to ics, it makes no sense that it would take so long.

I saw a video of google now vs. Apple's siri...
The winner was google now..:) google now was answering faster and more accurate! Now I really want jelly bean....! I can't hardly wait....! I agree with you now... We don't need s voice.. We need google now! Is jelly bean update coming out on beggining, middle, or end of november?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It won't be out in the US for a while. All the gsm phones get the update first then t mobile and the other US carriers have to mess with the update and add there apps then after further testing they send it back to Samsung they test it then put it on kies. I've heard rumors about it already being ready and it just has to be sent back to Samsung for release but it's just rumors and it sounds to good to be true.

We will get jelly bean but for now just be happy with ics and sit back for the long ride to jelly bean.

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I read today online that JB is coming out for this phone in February, 2013. I bought the Walmart special and i also have the $ 30 plan unlimited data (up to 5GB at 4G) and text with 100 mins talk. I use it as a second phone/line along with my VZ iPhone 5. The Google Voice and search is awesome and i also saw the comparison to Siri. I tested it out and yes, it really IS better than Siri.
this is a great phone, even if it is last gen. It works better with Doubletwist (Galaxy SIII has problems with Doubletwist and being recognized by DT). The screen is great. ICS is just fine. I actually prefer it to Jelly Bean. Try and get any carrier to give you a 5GB data plan for $ 30/month. It just doesn't exist!

- - - Updated - - -

I read today online that JB is coming out for this phone in February, 2013. I bought the Walmart special and i also have the $ 30 plan unlimited data (up to 5GB at 4G) and text with 100 mins talk. I use it as a second phone/line along with my VZ iPhone 5. The Google Voice and search is awesome and i also saw the comparison to Siri. I tested it out and yes, it really IS better than Siri.
this is a great phone, even if it is last gen. It works better with Doubletwist (Galaxy SIII has problems with Doubletwist and being recognized by DT). The screen is great. ICS is just fine. I actually prefer it to Jelly Bean. Try and get any carrier to give you a 5GB data plan for $ 30/month. It just doesn't exist!

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

February?! Are you kidding me?! Samsung should realease Jelly Bean my the end of the year.... :mad:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous that we have to wait for updates so long. Plus they are bad updates! I was forced to go back to a stock rom to be able to access my corporate email. I did a full factory restore, updated via Kies, and now this phone is unbelievablely laggy on 4.0.4. I don't think Samsung and TMobile have done a very good job with upgrades. I'm going to get the Nexus 4 as soon as it's available. Sadly because otherwise I love my GS2, and it ran great on a custom ROM so it's just this crappy stock rom that sucks.

mdlsimpson

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Walmart Tmobile Galaxy S2 with the same $30 plan... great deal for data... I love ICS.... and would love tho have JB as well... but I just changed from a Galaxy S running 2.3, so ICS works way better for the near future... I know it takes a bit for carriers to add their 2cents on these updates as well as Samsung to update working Touchwiz UI for the specific models, so I can be a little patient for the update wait... LOL

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If you're that impatient then install through Odin. Idk what all the fuss is about JB isn't even that good.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I might try that if I had a stock JB rom. But the Good app won't work on custom roms and I need it for work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

technetic1988

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have a question , yesterday i noticed some talk of people useing KIES to update theyre galaxy s2 to jellybean, this morning i went through the steps and got an update and installed it, i checked my phone but it wasnt the jellybean 4.1 update . The appearent update was for ver 4.0.4 :( is there a way to get jellybean on my phone (tmobile ver.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781