05-18-2013 12:37 AM
201 ... 56789
tools
    Oh well... I can access to it by holding down the home button and touch the pie graph to get there. I have no clue why did they removed face unlock though...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... who the heck knew to hold down the HOME button and that not only would you see the PIE but Google Now or whatever and delete recent apps? Ok, SGSII what other goodies have you found? I created a Pros and Cons thread if you want to add it there. Or here.
    04-11-2013 09:51 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... who the heck knew to hold down the HOME button and that not only would you see the PIE but Google Now or whatever and delete recent apps? Ok, SGSII what other goodies have you found? I created a Pros and Cons thread if you want to add it there. Or here.
    I posted pros and cons on your thread...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-11-2013 10:51 PM
    i dont mind all the changes. the apps and features that got left behind, i dont miss that much. the only thing im trying to figure out is how to add a "favorites" folder from my contacts onto my homescreen. the closest thing i found is this widget called favorites contacts.

the battery drain is kind of ridiculous. but im hoping its just going to get better after i check out what apps are running and what i can uninstall/disable. so far... it sucks.
    04-12-2013 07:11 PM
    I have to say I am loving the update!
    It's like a new phone.
    Now the wait to get the s4 isn't so bad! Lol

04-12-2013 09:42 PM
    I have to say I am loving the update!
    It's like a new phone.
    Now the wait to get the s4 isn't so bad! Lol

Yes. I was thinking about the new phone... but after the update, it totally feels like a new phone! Now I can wait.. I don't it's necessary to buy a new phone right now.

roberts68 likes this.
    04-13-2013 08:53 AM
    I posted pros and cons on your thread...

I'm going there right now. I agree about not needing another phone as yet. This update is pretty good. Still seeing some slowness in certain apps but no other issues to report. My next purchase is a Note. I want this -> New Samsung HM5100 Bluetooth BT s Pen Headset for Galaxy Note 10 1 Series | eBay
    04-14-2013 04:12 AM
    I'm going there right now. I agree about not needing another phone as yet. This update is pretty good. Still seeing some slowness in certain apps but no other issues to report. My next purchase is a Note. I want this -> New Samsung HM5100 Bluetooth BT s Pen Headset for Galaxy Note 10 1 Series | eBay
    Note or Note II?? I wanna stick with Galaxy S series... there is no way to stick Galaxy Note in my pocket... Yeah there's purse, but I'm a man so I don't carry that around me haha

04-14-2013 10:43 PM
    Note or Note II?? I wanna stick with Galaxy S series... there is no way to stick Galaxy Note in my pocket... Yeah there's purse, but I'm a man so I don't carry that around me haha

Note 2 or 3 I meant to say. I know I do not want the GS4. So I'll wait as I like the keys on the GS2. I am not too keen on the one key as I came from the MyTouch 4G with that. So I will and see.
    04-15-2013 01:53 PM
    i hard reset the phone and now everything is great. battery isnt so bad anymore but isnt as great as it was when on ICS. overall, excellent update!
    04-15-2013 02:19 PM
    i hard reset the phone and now everything is great. battery isnt so bad anymore but isnt as great as it was when on ICS. overall, excellent update!
    Yeah. I did a factory reset too after the update. Yes, battery is ok now but drain little bit faster than ICS.

04-15-2013 02:25 PM
    How do you hard reset? Well that fix my blue tooth issues?

sent from my s2 with jelly bean.
    04-15-2013 04:51 PM
    i dont know the answer to that, but it might?

youll lose most, if not all your preferences if you hard reset. so make sure you backed everything up before you do.

just turn off your phone, then when the phone is off, press the power + volume up + volume down buttons down till you see the samsung logo. let go of the power button (i think you can let go of the volume buttons too, but i didnt) and it should load into some options. you can use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the menu and the power button to select. worth a shot if you dont have much to lose.
    roberts68 likes this.
    04-15-2013 05:51 PM
    i dont know the answer to that, but it might?

youll lose most, if not all your preferences if you hard reset. so make sure you backed everything up before you do.

just turn off your phone, then when the phone is off, press the power + volume up + volume down buttons down till you see the samsung logo. let go of the power button (i think you can let go of the volume buttons too, but i didnt) and it should load into some options. you can use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the menu and the power button to select. worth a shot if you dont have much to lose.
    You forgot to mention that the technique you mentioned is a way to flash into ODIN, Samsung's built-in flasher/bootloader that handles updates.

Also, you can reset the device within settings.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy SII running 4.1.2. Jellybean
    04-15-2013 06:51 PM
    yea, forgot what it was called.

i tried the reset through the security settings, but there was no change in the battery issue. so i tried the hard reset through odin.
    04-15-2013 07:36 PM
    Yeah. I did a factory reset too after the update. Yes, battery is ok now but drain little bit faster than ICS.

I remember installing JB to attempt to clear up some issues I was having with ICS and my calculator plus other small issues. Probably left over rogue apps. Anyhow, the totally reset did clear up issues I previously had but gave me a new woe. Battery life is awful. And again, Handcent freezes now and again. It's slow to open photos in the gallery too. Real minor so I'm just hoping enough people give feedback on T-Mo's forum about the battery.
    04-15-2013 09:07 PM
    Maybe I'll try the soft reset first
    Then the hard reset if my Bluetooth issue isn't resolved

04-16-2013 03:47 AM
    Now we received 4.1 Jelly Bean... the question is are we going to get 4.2 or is this a last os update for our phone...

04-16-2013 10:38 PM
    Now we received 4.1 Jelly Bean... the question is are we going to get 4.2 or is this a last os update for our phone...

Most likely this is da last they'll stop supporting since they'll have da GS3 an GS4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-17-2013 12:04 AM

Yeah I think 4.1 is the last OFFICIAL update the s2 get.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-2013 10:08 AM
    Just so you know, I did the hard reset and the Bluetooth issue still exists
    Frustrating
    Note I may have to get the g4 this fall after all.

04-18-2013 03:32 AM
    Yeah I think 4.1 is the last OFFICIAL update the s2 get.

Well, there are always aftermarket ROMs like AOKP which already has an MR1 Milestone release for the T989 SGSII, or CM10.1 nightlies that you can go after.

Ah, so many choices, so little time.
    04-19-2013 11:47 PM
    Well, there are always aftermarket ROMs like AOKP which already has an MR1 Milestone release for the T989 SGSII, or CM10.1 nightlies that you can go after.

Ah, so many choices, so little time.
    Exactly. I was on cm10.1 4.2 way before sprint released it.

04-20-2013 09:07 AM
    Exactly. I was on cm10.1 4.2 way before sprint released it.

How is CyanogenMod 10.1? I'm currently on CM10 stable for my SGSII and I'm a bit skeptical on using it. There are CM monthly snapshots with JB 4.2.2, but I'm just curious since I don't want to risk a hard brick. I've JTAG'ed too many SGSII already.
    04-22-2013 03:35 PM
    How is CyanogenMod 10.1? I'm currently on CM10 stable for my SGSII and I'm a bit skeptical on using it. There are CM monthly snapshots with JB 4.2.2, but I'm just curious since I don't want to risk a hard brick. I've JTAG'ed too many SGSII already.
    I'm on slim bean 4.2.2 it's awesome battery life for me no problems or anything for me good call quality too

04-22-2013 11:58 PM
    I'm on slim bean 4.2.2 it's awesome battery life for me no problems or anything for me good call quality too

With my experience, most Jellybean 4.2.x ROMs I've used are slower than Jellybean 4.1.x ROMs when it comes to graphic-heavy games, emulators (MAMEDroid suffers the most), and ports of arcade games (Such as Dodonpachi Resurrection, Espgaluda II, etc). CyanogenMod10.1 M3 Snapshot is a little faster, but there's still as much lag present as stock TouchWiz ROMs. I know that most power users prefer to use the latest builds of Android (Honestly, I do too), but since 4.2.2 isn't really working out for me and that it isn't really a huge jump from 4.1.2, I'll be sticking to CM10 stable until such problems are resolved, or if a newer version of Android that's a big step from 4.1.2 JB comes out and is available via AOSP ROMs.
    04-23-2013 04:32 PM
201 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD