SD Card Issues

ApolloRaptor

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I know this has been covered before but I wonder if my issue might be different.

My S II started giving me issues with my 32G SanDisk class 10 SD a couple months ago. I got errors stating there were errors on the card and with a battery pull the problem would go away only to return later. It would work for days at a time and then start giving me issues. I decided to reformat and start over and again the problem reoccurred. I started to think my SD card was physically bad (due to all intermittent issues) so I bought another - same size, brand, etc. It worked like a charm for a week or so and the problem started all over again. Instead of throwing my phone off the roof, I decided to completely wipe it and also reformatted the SD card. After painstakingly reinstalling all my apps and setting up my SD card, it worked beautifully, and I thought my problems had past. SOB, it's happening again but this time I have a different issue where I can't view some of my pics. It's reading their size as 1KB and zero resolution. Internal device storage has never been an issue.

So, in the end, is my device dying? Is it this brand of SD cards or was there some update pushed down that's causing exceptions? I seem to recall upgrading just prior to all these issues beginning. (perhaps coincidence, I dunno) It's never been rooted and I'm currently running 4.0.4. My model is SGH-T989 and I bought it new about a year ago.

Thanks,

Steve

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey Steve. If you would have read other threads you would've known this is a very common issue with many different cards. And most Samsung phones not just t989. You didn't need to go out and buy another SD. I personally have a Samsung class 10 32gb. And I received that error message when I used JMTX3 rom. Every now and then it would pop up. It wouldn't pop up when I used JK6. And its not showing up now and I am on cm10 stable. So if it bugs you that much I would recommend flashing a different ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey Steve. If you would have read other threads you would've known this is a very common issue with many different cards. And most Samsung phones not just t989. You didn't need to go out and buy another SD. I personally have a Samsung class 10 32gb. And I received that error message when I used JMTX3 rom. Every now and then it would pop up. It wouldn't pop up when I used JK6. And its not showing up now and I am on cm10 stable. So if it bugs you that much I would recommend flashing a different ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed that this issue isn't present in CM or any CM-based AOSP ROMs like AOKP and Slim Bean. Some still have this problem, especially custom skinned ROMs based on TouchWiz. I think OEM preinstalled system items interfere with the SD card reading system, causing exception errors and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC