Help! Want to turn my SG2 for T-Mobile prepaid into a Straight talk phone...where do i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjlove75

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I hate t-mobile service in my area. Ive googled to see if i can buy a sim for straight talk and see if it works in my prepaid galaxy s2 through t mobile. Ive heard everywhere that it doesnt work so i dont want to waste money
im looking for a good app or website that wont screw up my phone to make the switch. Ive never done this so i need to know step by step down to data on how to make the switch. Can anyone help??

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk uses T-mobile for the bring your device program so you would be using the same network that you are using so there's really no point in switching.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes it would. But why are leaving T-Mobile. Straight Talk is known for throttle data. They also don't like streaming either.

jnjlove75

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The t mobile service in my area sucks. Straight talk always works here. What is streaming and the other word you used?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you use Straight Talk before how do you know the service will be good. Streaming is if you use Pandora or YouTube over the cell network they don't like that and throttling is where they take your 4G data speed and drop it the 2G edge speed.

jnjlove75

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Ive used straight talk before but i never tried to use youtube or high data apps. My only problem with t mobile is that i use wifi at home and when i leave i turn it off my mobile data and network dont go back on. Its like my service only works when it wants to.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you have one of the smartphones on straight talk?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Discussions about unlocking SIM-locked phones to use with another carrier are not permitted. Thread closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret