OK,

I've been trying to upgrade to jelly been since Monday with no luck.
    I pull up Kies plug in the phone it connects press upgrade. the firmware upgrade progress screen comes up. the download begins goes to 100% than just disappears. the main Kies screen comes back up phone reconnects and says I have a upgrade available again. But never upgrades to my phone. WTF getting fed up!!!!
    04-10-2013 11:35 PM
    I'm getting the same exact issues you are . I feel your fustration

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    04-11-2013 02:55 AM
    Is your phone rooted? Are running stock with modifications? Sometimes that causes the update to fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    04-11-2013 03:04 AM
    What operating system are you running on your computer? I've had different kind of problems when trying to update both my S3 and S2 on Windows 7 and 8. The one solution that worked was to go into the properties of your Kies.exe or shortcut. In the Properties menu go to the Compatibility tab. From there choose the "Run in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode" and also check "Run this program as administrator."

Once you do that you can try running Kies. A popup most likely should pop up giving you a choice of yes or no. Choose "Yes." Now try running the update. Hopefully it works.

Also remember to turn on USB Debugging in the Developer section in the Settings menu.
    04-11-2013 11:33 AM
    I opened up kies lite first, and it told me I had to update kies first.

Then after that upgraded and reopened kies, I then plugged my phone in.

It then told me there was an upgrade firmware available. So it took a while to download that and I just sat and waited... and waited... and eventually it sent it to the phone.
    There were a couple times I didn't think it was doing anything, but I just waited.

Finally it sent to the phone and rebooted.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-12-2013 09:52 PM
    I finally got it to work. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-14-2013 02:29 PM
    Thank you guys so much I got my phone running jelly beans..yay

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    04-16-2013 08:15 AM
    How are you guys liking JB on your phone? Anything that you absolutely hate about it performance wise? I really want to upgrade, but since I am on a Mac, I see no easy way to be able to downgrade my firmware if there ends up being huge issues with it. If I can get a few people to say that it runs great, that would really help alleviate my fears and go ahead with it.
    05-18-2013 07:05 PM
    How are you guys liking JB on your phone? Anything that you absolutely hate about it performance wise? I really want to upgrade, but since I am on a Mac, I see no easy way to be able to downgrade my firmware if there ends up being huge issues with it. If I can get a few people to say that it runs great, that would really help alleviate my fears and go ahead with it.
    I would like to hear if anybody has issues also. I just realized my wife's s2 is still on 4.0.4 .

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2013 09:22 PM
    Performance on JB 4.1.2 will vary but for the most part, Project Butter code REALLY helps to keep TouchWiz responsive and speedy. (though there are still a few cases where the phone lags.)
    05-19-2013 07:20 AM