Unable to upgrade unlocked Galaxy S II

AfroPicks

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
This was an AT&T Galaxy S II that I had unlocked and switched to T-Mobile. Now I am unable to upgrade my phone to ICS. Kies recognizes no upgrades available. When I check on my phone it's checking the AT&T server and stating firmware up to date. Any suggestions?

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
This was an AT&T Galaxy S II that I had unlocked and switched to T-Mobile. Now I am unable to upgrade my phone to ICS. Kies recognizes no upgrades available. When I check on my phone it's checking the AT&T server and stating firmware up to date. Any suggestions?

That is weird. Technically you are now unlocked and not on AT&T so they may not send you the update your way as your no longer using their services. So the only other way to update would be Kies. I don't know why Kies cannot detect an update. Have you tried updating the Kies software to the newest. The only otherway I know is to download the firmware files and flash it with Odin (which does not void warranty)

AfroPicks

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Kies this morning and attempted to upgrade and still the same issue. Kies does not recognize any update. The strange thing is when I give me the general info on my phone it does not show what firmware I have. It's as if Kies can recognize my phone but what firmware my phone has. Do you have a link or walkthrough on how to install a downloaded firmware file and flash it with Odin (no warranty paid cash on eBay).

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
First go to Settings - About Device; and tell me the Model number, Android version, and Baseband version so I can see what firmware versions are available and compatible with your phone.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is only pushing the ICS (Jellybean now available) update to Galaxy SII T989 devices as it seems. Since yours is an SGH-I727, Kies is likely keeping you from updating to ensure your device does not attain a hard-brick, even though I've seen SGH-T989 handsets running ROMs originally meant for the SGH-I727. Also, the Baseband versions are widely different when you compare the two devices.

Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-T989
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband Version:T989UVMC6

Vs.

Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: I727UCLA3

grewal23

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 4g T989. I want to update its software. But the kies is not recognizing it thru USB. Can you tell me about the steps how can I download it and then install it manually. I dont have USB which comes with this phone. I have used other Samsung USB but still its not working. Plz tell me which USB cable can i use.
And also I want to factory reset my phone. Can you tell me will it be locked again after performing reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae