Any suggestions on getting Bluetooth to work on jelly bean update?

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Before I upgraded to jellybean my Bluetooth connection and settings worked absolutely perfect.
After the upgrade, my Bluetooth continually shuts off, and when I manually turn it back on, it won't automatically connect.
Help!
There has to be a solution. I can't be the only one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Check the manufacturer of the unit to see if it is compatible with JB. I mean, it never hurts to ask even if it is not a new model. Maybe contacting them can give you some resolution.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd try a factory reset, but wiping the cache via ClockWorkMod or TWRP could help, unless you're not rooted and don't have a custom recovery on your handset. I'd try the first option, unless you really don't need to automatically connect with Bluetooth.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Check the manufacturer of the unit to see if it is compatible with JB. I mean, it never hurts to ask even if it is not a new model. Maybe contacting them can give you some resolution.

If the phone wasn't compatible with Jelly Bean, then why did Samsung release a Jelly Bean update for our SGSII handsets? Sure, some of us are using custom ROMs, but big Sammy has already pushed the update via kies.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Think the responder is talking about the bluetooth device? Wasnt the whole reasom for our long wait for JB update to be certain it does work on the GS2 T989?

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If the phone wasn't compatible with Jelly Bean, then why did Samsung release a Jelly Bean update for our SGSII handsets? Sure, some of us are using custom ROMs, but big Sammy has already pushed the update via kies.

Yes, I was trying to say go back to the actual Bluetooth device (headset, etc) and see if that may be the culprit. I know for one of my updates awhile ago, not JB related, the unit was the issue not the phone. Then later the app for the unit was not compatible either.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The unit works because when I manually turn bt on, it works fine.

How can I lock bt on?

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Is it an older model bt device? It may not be compatible with newer bt software/code.

D Kay Talley

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I just called my device manufacturer and we unpaired the bluetooth device and powered off my cell device. Then he had me touch the connection button my BT device and then turn on my cell device, turn on the BT and repaired. It connected just fine.

Before I upgraded to jellybean my Bluetooth connection and settings worked absolutely perfect.
After the upgrade, my Bluetooth continually shuts off, and when I manually turn it back on, it won't automatically connect.
Help!
There has to be a solution. I can't be the only one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers