Hi:
    I bought an unlocked Galaxy S2 with ICS, and everything worked well. I just upgraded to Jellybean and have heard that it locks the phone. How can I figure out 1) Whether it is still unlocked without using someone else's SIM card AND 2) If it is now locked, how do I unlock it again?

I went to my TMo store and they said they had no idea!! I am going to Europe and want to use a SIM card from there - which is the reason I bought an unlocked phone in the first place.

Thanks for any and all help.
    05-22-2013 02:22 PM
    Hi:
    I bought an unlocked Galaxy S2 with ICS, and everything worked well. I just upgraded to Jellybean and have heard that it locks the phone. How can I figure out 1) Whether it is still unlocked without using someone else's SIM card AND 2) If it is now locked, how do I unlock it again?

I went to my TMo store and they said they had no idea!! I am going to Europe and want to use a SIM card from there - which is the reason I bought an unlocked phone in the first place.

I haven't heard of it LOCKING the phone again (as in locking it back to a specific carrier), with all the research that I have been doing over the past few weeks. It WILL take away ROOT ACCESS, so if you had rooted your phone, it will take that away and the phone will then be unrooted again. Maybe this is what people were talking about?
    05-23-2013 01:26 AM
    Hi:

Not too sure with the locking issue. Results may vary depending upon state of firmware before update. I'd make a backup on Kies before making the jump, as you'll need to factory reset the device for optimum performance.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-25-2013 08:30 PM