my phone started freezing up the other day every time i opened the task manager, date started.changing to 01/01/1970 and now it won't install any app, it reboots when installing, i cleaned the cache of the apps i saw had some but it's just not working! what should i do?? please help!
    07-07-2013 03:11 PM
    my phone started freezing up the other day every time i opened the task manager, date started.changing to 01/01/1970 and now it won't install any app, it reboots when installing, i cleaned the cache of the apps i saw had some but it's just not working! what should i do?? please help!
    Hi Yavianny - I would try a soft reset of the phone first and hopefully that works. Even removing the battery for a minute and putting it back in may resolve it however if not my next suggestion would be a factory restore on the phone. I hope this helps
    Yavianny Lorenzo likes this.
    07-07-2013 03:29 PM
    thanks so much for the info. i tried what you said and ended up doing the factory restore and unfortunately i only got to install 1 app successfully. it went back to rebooting when trying to install the apps i had before. i'ts pretty annoying! :/
    07-07-2013 07:50 PM
    thanks so much for the info. i tried what you said and ended up doing the factory restore and unfortunately i only got to install 1 app successfully. it went back to rebooting when trying to install the apps i had before. i'ts pretty annoying! :/
    You are welcome Yavianny - You can try going into the settings and then date and time and make sure "Automatic date and time - Use Network provided time" is checked. If it is not that could be the issue with the time which could ultimately be affecting everything else right there

If not there is a chance the phone is rebooting because of one app acting up. I would install one app at a time, waiting a bit before installing the next to see how the phone acts. If you install an app and the phone reboots after installing it but wasn't rebooting before then through process of elimination you should be able to narrow zero in on the app causing it.
    Yavianny Lorenzo likes this.
    07-07-2013 08:08 PM
    It stop rebooting as soon as I took out the sd card, but when I put it back the storage option starts to freeze up my phone when I try to use it and no app can be installed. It's working now since I removed it and i installed the apps i wanted with no problem. I would think that was the problem, but weird since both the memories weren't full. I guess that'll do! thanks again very much!
    07-07-2013 11:10 PM
    It stop rebooting as soon as I took out the sd card, but when I put it back the storage option starts to freeze up my phone when I try to use it and no app can be installed. It's working now since I removed it and i installed the apps i wanted with no problem. I would think that was the problem, but weird since both the memories weren't full. I guess that'll do! thanks again very much!
    I am glad you found a resolution Strange indeed, I wonder if another SD card would work? Happy to know you are up and running again - night!
    07-07-2013 11:14 PM
    What was the brand of the micro SD card you were using on your SGSII? My experience tells me that problems with RR's and storage correlate to the brand and quality of the SD card. (I've had this problem a year back with a 32GB SanDisk microSDHC inserted within my SGSII)
    07-08-2013 02:49 PM