Hi guys this is my first post so sorry for all the questions etc.

My gs2 is now out of contract and I wish to use a 3 monthly simm only deal, my phone is locked to t mobile at the moment.i would like to unlock it for the new sim and still be able to update as normal via kies software etc .

My questions are will unlocking it be permanent even after up grade or do I have to root it and flash new software etc. I have flashed software to phone before so am confident I can do it I just need advice on which software if needed and where to find it. I have looked into so called free unlocking on the net and you tube but you have to fill in the surveys etc and give your details to the world and his dog.

Thankyou in advance

Dave.
    10-21-2013 10:35 AM
    Hi guys this is my first post so sorry for all the questions etc.

My gs2 is now out of contract and I wish to use a 3 monthly simm only deal, my phone is locked to t mobile at the moment.i would like to unlock it for the new sim and still be able to update as normal via kies software etc .

My questions are will unlocking it be permanent even after up grade or do I have to root it and flash new software etc. I have flashed software to phone before so am confident I can do it I just need advice on which software if needed and where to find it. I have looked into so called free unlocking on the net and you tube but you have to fill in the surveys etc and give your details to the world and his dog.

Thankyou in advance

Dave.
    Welcome to the forums. As far as I understand it, all you need to do is get the phone unlocked from TMo. But first, I would ensure the device is compatible on what carrier you are going to change to.
    10-21-2013 10:50 PM
    After your contract expires most carriers will unlock your phone for free.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-22-2013 07:29 AM
    T mobile want 20 to unlock and say it may take 6 weeks ???
    10-22-2013 07:41 AM
    T mobile want 20 to unlock and say it may take 6 weeks ???
    I would say unacceptable.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-22-2013 08:39 AM
    My provider I just call the help line and they generally tell the store to fox my issues for free. Maybe I am lucky.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-23-2013 06:58 AM