Hello all, I have a rooted T989 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and cwm recovery installed. I did a nandroid backup onto my ext sd card. I then uninstalled the Google Maps update (ver 7) in application manager which reverted back to the factory version (ver 6).

After that I found that the Maps and blue Navigation icons are missing. Couldn't find them anywhere. When I went to play store to see if I could download Maps again, it only has the open and update buttons, not the install button, which led me to believe Maps is still on the phone. I then went to the app list but still could not find those icons. Instead I found 3 green android figures in the app list. When I pressed on one, it opened Maps. When I pressed on the other, it opened Google Navigation. I tried rebooting the device and also pulled the battery, to no avail.

Would anyone please guide me as to how to get those icons back.

Thank you in advance for your help!

11-14-2013 08:23 PM
    Try the "Update" button from the Play Store.
    11-14-2013 08:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply. One question, does the update bring me back to version 7? If so, then I should try to uninstall it later?
    11-14-2013 11:18 PM
    Thanks for your reply. One question, does the update bring me back to version 7? If so, then I should try to uninstall it later?
    It should. You are trying to avoid the latest version?
    11-14-2013 11:57 PM
    Yes, because it gets stuck on recalculating new route every time I took a different route.
    11-15-2013 12:07 AM
    Updated Maps from Play Store and the icons are back on the home screen. However, the blue Navigation icon is still missing in the apps list. The third green android "icon" is gone from the apps list. I will uninstall the update tonight. But before I do that, is there any way I can save or backup the icons themselves so I may reload them if they become missing again upon uninstall?

Thanks in advance for guidance!

11-15-2013 12:00 PM
    The blue icon isn't a separate app,bit rather just a shortcut to the navigation functions in maps. You cab just type or speak an address in the search and navigate from there.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    11-15-2013 03:44 PM
    Ok. I uninstalled the Maps update. On the home screen, I still have the Maps and Navigation icon. However, in the application manager, it only hasa green android that has com.google.android.apps.maps ver 6.14.2. In the apps list, the three green android figures reappear. I have the feeling that if the phone is rebooted I would lose the icons again and replaced by the green android figures. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

11-15-2013 08:23 PM