Recently I upgraded the firmware to my phone from Kies with the supported firmware by T-Mo. Noticing how much my phone now lags, it is annoying me. And I lost the function to take a screenshot. Now I am a new member here, and looking for some helpful tips. Would it be ideal to Root my phone? What are the best ROMs to install for the S2? With the Root, would I still be able to make calls over WiFi, and use my phone as a Mobile Hot Spot?
    Any and all tutorials, tips, information would be greatly appreciated.
    11-20-2013 08:23 AM
    Recently I upgraded the firmware to my phone from Kies with the supported firmware by T-Mo. Noticing how much my phone now lags, it is annoying me. And I lost the function to take a screenshot. Now I am a new member here, and looking for some helpful tips. Would it be ideal to Root my phone? What are the best ROMs to install for the S2? With the Root, would I still be able to make calls over WiFi, and use my phone as a Mobile Hot Spot?
    Any and all tutorials, tips, information would be greatly appreciated.
    Screenshots may be power and home simultaneously held for a few seconds.

As for Rooting, all it does is grants special permissions, it changes nothing else on the device. AS for which ROMs, it depends. There are some that will look stock, but be debloated, and then there are AOSP ROMs like Cyanogen or Slim that look like Nexus devices.
    11-20-2013 09:13 AM
    Regarding ROMs, you may want to explore around a bit and see what fits your taste. Want stability and basically a Nexus experience without all the features? Get CyanogenMod. Need those extensive features that some ROMs boast? Get a ROM such as AOKP or Slim. The choice is yours bud ^_^

I forgot to mention it also depends on what version of android you want to run. As far as I know, hercules (SGH-T989) supports 4.4 KitKat already.
    11-20-2013 11:17 PM