Stuck in a Boot Loop

ka2012

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have a rooted t-mobile galaxy s2. Was using gmail app earlier today and I get messages telling me that my storage was full and that it wouldn't be able to download any text messages. I checed my application list, since thats usually what takes up a bunch of storage space, and I still had 370mb left. Then my phone froze. Tried to lock or turn of normally, but it didn't do anything, so I held the power button to force shutdown. When I tried to turn it back on, it just keeps showing a samsung logo screen, then another animation, then the samsung logo again and then rebooting. I tried booting into recovery mode, and deleting the cache, but it still won't boot up. Any help, or knowledge of what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I have a rooted t-mobile galaxy s2. Was using gmail app earlier today and I get messages telling me that my storage was full and that it wouldn't be able to download any text messages. I checed my application list, since thats usually what takes up a bunch of storage space, and I still had 370mb left. Then my phone froze. Tried to lock or turn of normally, but it didn't do anything, so I held the power button to force shutdown. When I tried to turn it back on, it just keeps showing a samsung logo screen, then another animation, then the samsung logo again and then rebooting. I tried booting into recovery mode, and deleting the cache, but it still won't boot up. Any help, or knowledge of what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
I would try to reboot into recovery and clearing the system cache.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

ka2012

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried booting into recovery mode, and deleting the cache, but it still won't boot up.

Thanks. I already did. Now it doesn't even get to the third boot screen, it just gets to the second and abruptly shuts off and restarts...although if I rebootwith the option from the recovery menu I get to the third screen, and then a beeping noise for about five seconds, and then it shuts off...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I already did. Now it doesn't even get to the third boot screen, it just gets to the second and abruptly shuts off and restarts...although if I rebootwith the option from the recovery menu I get to the third screen, and then a beeping noise for about five seconds, and then it shuts off...

I missed that line. Sorry. The only other thing I can think of is to reflash the stock ROM with Odin.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

ka2012

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking thats probably my only option(although probably going to use heimdall if thats the route I go since it runs on linux)...or factory reset it from the recovery menu...I have all my pictures and stuff backed up, its just annoying to reinstall everything...thanks for the help

coman_am

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Stuck in the opening screen

Hi guys! I am very very new to this forum and in need of a lot of help. My phone my Samsung Galaxy S2 just died on me today. This was not the first time that it just shut down but i never had any problems after restarting it. This time though after restarting it just diplays the samsung logo then the animation and then goes back to doing it again and again and again. I don't really care very much about the phone but all the data especially my photos are very important to me. The whole day I have been reading about this and trying to figure out what to do but nothing had worked. I understand rooting it and then using nandroid backup might help. I do not know if my phone is rooted or how to root it. Also i did not have an sdcard in the phone at the time so there is no way to just use backup.the only thing i figured out how to do is how to get in recovery modeI apologise for my profane words but i really have no clue what i should. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this.

Last edited: