My T989 just went bonkers. Last time I looked at it I started getting a lot of "Unfortunately stopped working" popups. After rebooting I became stuck at the pulsing SAMSUNG logo.

I tried to do a factory reset but was unable to get into TWRP recovery mode. I got into Download Mode but could not connect to ADB or ODIN. I think perhaps USB debugging was not turned on but I don't know how to do anything to make my phone recover. Please, any ideas to unbrick my phone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    03-30-2015 03:52 PM
    You probably need a JTAG service (they're advertised on eBay) to reflash the ROM. Unless someone at Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 - XDA Forums has a boot image you can put on an SD card, or some other idea. (Some of those guys know the phone better than Samsung does.)
    03-30-2015 04:09 PM
    Thanks for your response. I have an image to flash but I can't even get the phone to talk to me in any way.
    03-30-2015 07:35 PM
    In your case it seems like internal EMMC flash chip gone dead. But you could try to flash device by Odin app from PC. Put phone to download mode by pushing Vol- button and Power button. If this wont help you need to find (or make by yourself) JIG for puttin into download mode (google it, I cant post link to this forum)
    03-31-2015 03:06 AM
    Thanks for everyone's help. Turns out that the recovery instructions I followed from a website were incorrect. When I followed the correct instructions from another site I was able to launch TWRP to reset my phone. I was scared for a bit because the reboot took longer than usual. I am now in the process of rebuilding my apps and settings. Fortunately my phone is still rooted and unlocked. I plan on doing a backup when done. Thanks again.
    03-31-2015 04:06 AM