T-Mobile 2011 roadmap leaks, lists loads of specific release dates? -- Engadget

The Hercules in September:
    Unannounced Samsung 'Hercules' headed to T-Mobile, bearing demigod-like specs? -- Engadget

These specs are awfully close to the GSII, some even better:
    -dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 processor (current GSII is Exynos)
    -42Mbps HSDPA radio (current GSII is 21)
    -1GB of RAM
    -16GB of flash storage
    -Android 2.3
    -the same 4.5-Super AMOLED Plus display as Infuse 4G (SII is 4.3)
    -8 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture
    -MHL support
    -NFC

Hmmm....could this be the changes they made? If not, why would they release a GSII with almost identical specs around the same time on the same carrier?
    05-17-2011 07:53 PM
    Very upset that the SGS2 isn't on the roadmap.
    05-18-2011 06:53 AM
    I personally like this phone better than the SGS2, everything is upgraded except the processor is Qualcomm and not Exynos. I realize the Exynos is faster but i rather have 42 mbps instead of 21. But than again this is only a rumor so far, so they can change the processors later on.
    05-18-2011 06:30 PM
    05-18-2011 07:58 PM
    It is kind of a big let down. I don't really think the 4.5 inch screen is going to be that great to use regardless of how skinny the device is or the bezel. I was hoping the galaxy s ii would be released but it does seem unlikely as they released the vibrant 4g a few weeks back. I was thinking between the htc sensation or the gsii. Both are looking to be unlikely for me to replace my G2 soon (sensation locked bootloader is making me wait and see) and maybe waiting for the G-infinity or the next nexus device
    05-18-2011 08:21 PM