Problem with CWM Recovery - won't read SD card and won't restore backup from internal memory

Philip Poar

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Basically I rooted my phone using the tools below, and I tried using the version CWM Recovery to install Cyanogenmod but it won't work. The problem is, I wiped the phone data (though I backed it up) and I wanted to restore the old ROM to get back all my data to back it up for CM, but it won't even backup from the internal memory. I am using the Samsung Galaxy S3 t999 and I don't think it is LTE/4G (though sometimes when I use data, the 4g icon appears).

What I'm asking is, how would I get my old rom back onto the phone and how would I install Cyanogenmod? Do I need to replace CWM? I am a complete noob to the Android root/custom rom scene so I will need a baby steps explanation. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Odin307.zip
    453.2 KB · Views: 6
  • TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you post a link to the where you downloaded the CWM recovery file from? The file name you're showing above has LTE in the name, which makes me wonder if it's the right version for your phone. What process did you follow (post a link)? How did you back up your prior data?

The good news is that as long as you can boot into recovery you're not bricked.

Philip Poar

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a link to the where you downloaded the CWM recovery file from? The file name you're showing above has LTE in the name, which makes me wonder if it's the right version for your phone. What process did you follow (post a link)? How did you back up your prior data?

The good news is that as long as you can boot into recovery you're not bricked.

http://shabbypenguin.com/k0/ecm/CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.md5 It's the same version of CWM that let me root the device by the way.

A friend of mine told me to use GooManager to install openscript recovery which didn't do anything bad to the phone it seems and also use that to download and install CM. CM and the gapps package are downloading right now and I have openscript recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae