03-01-2013 11:36 PM
43 12
tools
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    07-17-2012 05:20 AM
    No,not yet,you?
    07-17-2012 10:43 AM
    I can't seem to have a constant signal. Other t-mobile devices within the same location have full bars. I have one bar which disappears when I hold the phone!
    07-17-2012 02:37 PM
    Here and there I'll notice little things, when my screen dims after not touching the screen, and I touch it to bring the brightness back, it will like hesitate or something with brightening back up? Like it will stay dim for another second, then get a little bIt brighter for a second, then like pick back up and brighten up quick after a few seconds. Anyone notice that happening? I know I didn't do a very good job explaining that but thats the best I can

07-17-2012 06:25 PM
    Here and there I'll notice little things, when my screen dims after not touching the screen, and I touch it to bring the brightness back, it will like hesitate or something with brightening back up? Like it will stay dim for another second, then get a little bIt brighter for a second, then like pick back up and brighten up quick after a few seconds. Anyone notice that happening? I know I didn't do a very good job explaining that but thats the best I can

Mine does that as well but I think it has to to with the auto brightness being on... not that much of an issue but it can be a lot better...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2012 01:31 AM
    Yeah that's what I thought at first maybe it had to do with auto brightness, but I turned it off and haven't used it since and it's still doing that. Yeah not too big of a deal though but when it keeps doing that it tends to get a little annoying.

07-18-2012 02:43 AM
    Yeah that's what I thought at first maybe it had to do with auto brightness, but I turned it off and haven't used it since and it's still doing that. Yeah not too big of a deal though but when it keeps doing that it tends to get a little annoying.

You probably have that smart watch feature on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2012 12:49 AM
    Having trouble receiving calls & text. This is my second S3. People are saying calls go str8 to my v-mail. & i won't receive the text until i reboot.Think it could be my SIM card?
    07-19-2012 02:02 PM
    Yes most definitely try getting a replacement

07-19-2012 04:05 PM
    I borked my phone trying to get rid of the start up animation, I was able to re-flash it with the TMO default ROM. I'm still rooted and one thing I notice is that Angry Birds (space) crashes a lot more often than it used to.
    Aside from that no issues.
    07-19-2012 04:45 PM
    Does a loose/wiggly power button count? Other than that I'm good. Still debating on whether or not I want a replacement. Seems a little redundant.
    07-19-2012 05:16 PM
    Does a loose/wiggly power button count? Other than that I'm good. Still debating on whether or not I want a replacement. Seems a little redundant.
    I had mine replaced when I got my pre order. I'd say go for it!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII
    07-19-2012 05:18 PM
    Cell standby really high other then that really good

07-19-2012 05:18 PM

Yeah I guess thats just how the phone is cuz mines like that too, and I've read reviews that also said the volume rocker is somewhat loose feeling. I'd say don't even bother if that's the only problem you have with the phone, because the replacement you get is most likely gonna have the same wiggly volume button.

07-19-2012 05:21 PM
    I had mine replaced when I got my pre order. I'd say go for it!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Yeah but who knows if the next one won't have a loose power button also. I know they're not going to keep opening phones up to check lol.

Seems like I'm just being OCD.

EDIT: It's definitely going back, when on vibrate the power button is moving lol.
    07-19-2012 05:21 PM
    Cell standby really high other then that really good

Mine too! And it uses G+ a lot but I don't use that app, just the messenger. Also, my briefing feature on my alarm doesn't always work. Sometimes it'll be just a regular alarm and not to the sound I have it set to.
    07-19-2012 07:32 PM
    Phone shuts off randomly

07-19-2012 10:47 PM
    Phone shuts off randomly

Factory reset

07-19-2012 11:18 PM
    .Ive had several issues with my SGS3. The games I play lag alot. I messed around with my settings and I suppose its due to all the different power saving options I have on it but still lags with them off. The keyboard is not the greatest and often times it would have these blackout moments and it would sort of blink for a second. Not really noticeable but some keys do not enter. My connection would go bi polar sometimes. For example, last night I was able to download a couple of apps but this morning I tried and the connection was ridiculously slow. Also my Messages and Email icon will say I have an unread message. I've heard that this is common and will actually be fixed. I always have some sort of small lag touching around but I think its once again because of the power saving options. Ive bought the phone recently and theres so much to learn about it online. So far I have to admit its not what i expected entirely. The lag really gets to me considering its such a powerful device. Is there anything I could do to stop the lag? Even with the Power Saving option off, I still get some lag.
    07-20-2012 12:51 AM
    Mine too! And it uses G+ a lot but I don't use that app, just the messenger. Also, my briefing feature on my alarm doesn't always work. Sometimes it'll be just a regular alarm and not to the sound I have it set to.
    I don't think the cell radio using a high percentage of the battery is that big of a deal. I had an HTC amaze, and the battery life was horrible by the way, so much happier with the s3 overall. Anyways, the amaze's display always always would have eaten up between 70-80 % of the battery life everyday. The radio was always a pretty small percentage. Probably like 10% or so. But the phones battery would last me around 7 hours before I'd have to charge it again. On the gs3 the screen only takes up around 30 usually, and the radio will have taken up around 40 %. If you think about it it's not really that bad because the more efficient one thing is, by default other things are gonna appear to be taking up more battery, to make up the 100% of the battery used. For me, I get great battery life, though the cell radio is taking up 40% of my battery, that'll be over 13 hours or so and my phone still will have more than a quarter of a charge, so doesnt seem that big of a deal if you figure in that it's over that long of time and because the screen and other things are so efficient, something else is gonna take up a bigger percentage.

07-20-2012 03:19 AM
    07-20-2012 03:22 AM
    On my bluetooth, I have a samsung HM1700, I cannot hear voice caller id and I cannot put apps on my ext. Sd card.
    07-20-2012 05:56 PM
    I got a new unit today even though the girl at T-Mobile thought I was nuts lol. I replaced it because my power button on my first unit was extremely wiggly and when the phone vibrated it rattled. The guy working next to her agreed with me lol. Anyway my replacement seems a little better, but not by much. Also noticed the camera is a tad crooked but works fine.

I guess I'm being WAY to OCD now lol. I'm good to go!!!
    07-20-2012 09:48 PM
    I just got the galaxy S3 about a week ago and over I am on the fence about the device. I already had to replace it because there was a speck of dirt indside camera flash lense. I do like the huge screen, and amoled display but outside of that the user interface is terrible. Samsung really needs to drop touchwiz. The wallpaper and lock screen photo choices are also poor to me because of the choices that are available they are all flowers and I am dude..lol

I do have two huge issues with this phone. One being the predictive text and the other is the fact that even though i push the power button to turn off the screen before putting it in my pocket, it continuously makes the splashing sound and runs all kinds of app. Overall, i am not happy. with it.
    07-22-2012 03:33 PM
    Factory reset

Brand new phone got a warrenty exchange

07-24-2012 06:10 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD