Add and Delete words from phone

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe you need to go into he keyboard settings/app (depending on which keyboard) and you can add, delete & edit dictionary there

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Settings/Language and Input/Click the menu button of the keyboard you use (i.e. Samsung Keyboard)/Predictive Text/My word list or Auto substitution list.

Please add words to both and let me know if they remain after you restart your phone? All of my words delete and I have to start over each time I turn the phone on. I even replaced my S3 with another because of this and still have the same problem - wanna see if it's a worldwide S3 problem as it seems.

Baker55

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I need help pleeeease!!!!! One day I sent my boyfriend a text a text in all caps that said I LOVE YOU! Now every time I type "I love You'' It comes up as "I LOVE you" It is driving me nuts!!! I have tried everything. I have deleted all my saved words in my dictionary, I have typed "I love you'' a million times and selecting the correct word when it pops up in the suggested words bar. It still corrects it as "I LOVE you" Please someone help me ):

jim tolson

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy 3, T-Mobile, bought used online.
My phone's been adding "Mbeki" to my emails.
None of the ideas I found helped. So I decided to explore.
Just now, I composed an email to myself, typed "M", and "Mbeki" appeared.
THIS time, I used the dropdown arrow to check the list of suggested/remembered words.
Mbeki was there, of course. On a hunch, I held my stylus on Mbeki (within that list of words), and a new window opened up asking, "Remove from Learned Words?"
Yes, please.
No more Mbeki :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles