TMobile Largest 4G Network....Unless you have Galaxy S3

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Let's face it the S3 is an great divice but signal issues on this phone are making me regret my purchase. Both my wife and I have S3 and we keep losing Network & Wifi signal. Places where my previous phone used to work S3 can't get reception. I have already done factory reset to no avail. Next option is to switch device however, I don't want to do that then end up with something with other issues like lose buttons and dust under screen. Is anyone else having signal issues on T-Mobile?

jgalan14

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm good, at first I did specially with wife but after the last update it seems to have been fix

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Fonz0

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I lose signal when I do it specially with my wife too:eek: (I am guessing auto-correct for wifi?)
I have had no issues on either with the latest update.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the update and I am still having issues with reception for both Wifi and Network. :(. I have seen a lot blogs on this issue including a Youtube video. I just don't get why Samsung hasn't acknowledged the issue and provide a solution.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Where do you live? I don't live in a large city but I get 4G almost everywhere, except in a basement of a large building. Wifi shouldn't be much of a problem either.

jgalan14

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Idk man last update my gs3 got just as good as my one s in speeds, so it might be your area
44e0094b-da77-5b22.jpg

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I live in Ca Inland Empire. I am usually, in Riverside, Moreno, Corona. I also go to Orange County and still have signal issues.

sean48238

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just there in IE and its a bad area. My s3 works fine in Detroit but it was horible there

latinlady

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I am also with T Mobile and am having the same issue. I was having issues sending and receiving pictures. I used to get great reception at home with my Blackberry but now with the S3 I have two bars on a good day and no bars usually. It is also this way at work and very frustrating. Ive called TMobile and they tell my my case might have something to do with poor reception. REALLY thats all you got cmon t-mobile. I played along and removed the case for a few hours to see if there were any changes and NOPE no changes. I really hope this issue gets resolved sooner then later.

Trotter516

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Call T-Mobile and have them reset your signal....

This for sure. The CSR will also do some other troubleshooting, but this could very well be the culprit responsible.

basically, sometimes a phone will not release the tower it used to be connected to, meaning it is still thinking it is within range of said tower even when it may not be. The CSR can release the phone's location on the network so it can reestablish itself correctly. I should know as I am a CSR for T-mobile.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This for sure. The CSR will also do some other troubleshooting, but this could very well be the culprit responsible.

basically, sometimes a phone will not release the tower it used to be connected to, meaning it is still thinking it is within range of said tower even when it may not be. The CSR can release the phone's location on the network so it can reestablish itself correctly. I should know as I am a CSR for T-mobile.

None of that resetting helped my case. I am still having issues with reception. While I like the S3, I am waiting for HTC or LG to come out with something amazing to force me to get rid of the S3. The reception issues drive me nuts. Just for kicks I brought my old BB 9700 and My Touch 4G. Both devices had at least 3 bars of 4G signal and were able to browse the web. The S3 had 1 bar with no 4G signal! So at this point I just think it's the radio on S3 that's weak. It would help if T-Mobile had more towers too...

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a SIII and my wife has a SII, she got hers for $50 and likes it over the SIII right now. It's her first smartphone and is in love. The purpose of my reply is that although i have no issues with signal or connectivity with my SIII my wife is waiting for a replacement for her SII. The signal consistently drops and she is unable to make calls while connected to our wifi network unless she restarts. That being the case, you might need to replace your SIII with another one.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a SIII and my wife has a SII, she got hers for $50 and likes it over the SIII right now. It's her first smartphone and is in love. The purpose of my reply is that although i have no issues with signal or connectivity with my SIII my wife is waiting for a replacement for her SII. The signal consistently drops and she is unable to make calls while connected to our wifi network unless she restarts. That being the case, you might need to replace your SIII with another one.

Been there done that! It pisses me off that my wife and I both have same issues. We got 2 replacement phones and still experienced the same issue. At this point I think it's just Samsung radios or I am one unlucky guy that gets faulty devices.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the S3 hold out for HTC. I had the T-Mobile/LG G2x. It was a piece of ****. Gave up on it and came to the S3 and have not looked back. LG (Life is not Good), no updates and the G2x was EOL'ed about 8 months after it hit the self.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
T-Mo told me when I bought my S3 it will say 4G but it's really 3G.. That I won't really get 4G. I usually get nothing or Edge or just "G". I've had T mobile 10 years, never have good reception where I live.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I got my GS3 yesterday and so far I haven't seen a huge difference on signal between the 4G I get and what I got on my MyTouch 4G. I live in L.A. though where there is no lack of cell service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol