What can i do with a rooted phone?

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
HI i just rooted my phone took me 3 years to try it. I'm good a jail braking a iPod .... I downloaded free hotspot and works good.
What else can i do?
Can i get better battery life?
If i try to put JB on my phone will i loose my wifi calling?
THanks for the help

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
HI i just rooted my phone took me 3 years to try it. I'm good a jail braking a iPod .... I downloaded free hotspot and works good.
What else can i do?
Can i get better battery life?
If i try to put JB on my phone will i loose my wifi calling?
THanks for the help

Well rooted phones can print crisp $100 bills, take your kids to school, and predict winning lotto numbers of course!

In all seriousness though you just have much much more control over your device and as long as you load up a stock tmo ROM you shouldn't lose WiFi calling. It won't be included in an aosp ROM like cyanogen without a 3rd party VoIP client like sipdroid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
A rooted phone can be a lot more customized than just non rooted, use Titanium Backup for example to get rid off all the bloatware they put on the device.
Flash custom roms (MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT ROM!! A lot of Noobs will flash a Rom meant for the International Galaxy s III and than you end up with a paperweight) I've been rooting since G1 and every android phone after that I just rooted because carriers will put so much crap on it plus I am running a good version of JellyBean (Notice I said good not perfect)

Other things? You can overclock or underclock your CPU but know that all things are at your own risk since rooting just took away your warranty.. Plus the Galaxy S III has a flash counter so if you flash something it will add 1 everytime (Unless it's an official Samsung Rom) this can be reset by using Triangle Away from the Google Play store..

hop over to Android, Windows Phone, and Windows Mobile Development News, Information, and Howtos - XDA Developers and check into it.. read... learn but don't destroy your phone..

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
A rooted phone can be a lot more customized than just non rooted, use Titanium Backup for example to get rid off all the bloatware they put on the device.
Flash custom roms (MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT ROM!! A lot of Noobs will flash a Rom meant for the International Galaxy s III and than you end up with a paperweight) I've been rooting since G1 and every android phone after that I just rooted because carriers will put so much crap on it plus I am running a good version of JellyBean (Notice I said good not perfect)

Other things? You can overclock or underclock your CPU but know that all things are at your own risk since rooting just took away your warranty.. Plus the Galaxy S III has a flash counter so if you flash something it will add 1 everytime (Unless it's an official Samsung Rom) this can be reset by using Triangle Away from the Google Play store..

hop over to Android, Windows Phone, and Windows Mobile Development News, Information, and Howtos - XDA Developers and check into it.. read... learn but don't destroy your phone..

Thanks for the help... if I unroot is my warranty still ok?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Or you could just use triangle away to reset it and have officially binary, then you can hide the root apps if you have apex pro or maybe nova.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Granted Triangle away will reset the counter but if someone noticed when you were to put it in Download mode one of the options will still call out CUSTOM. Now I do not know if returning the phone ever if they will check it but its something to watch. So just flash to Stock official Rom and use Triangle Away to be sure.

owoturo

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey y'all I know doing stuff like this is interesting I do it a lot for apple devices like jailbreaking and stuff but don't you think doing this to android is senseless? Jailbreaking an iPad is more sensible because you get to do more things that you actually needed. Like downloading paid apps for free but doing this to android is just stupid because it's not like the iOS that is in lockdown mode and jailbreaking frees it. For android you have everything you need you can actually explore the files when its connected to a pc I'm not saying hacking is bad and all It is fun But you have to do it with sense I would never root my android never.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza