Need help returning to stock rom - bricked for the moment

beefee102

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I got a gs3 less than 24 hours ago and I was trying to install google wallet and something went haywire and now my phone won't boot past the galaxy s III logo. When it gets there, it stays for a few seconds then it shuts down.

I need to return it to the stock rom, rooted or not, so I can use my brand new phone. I can get it in to download mode and recovery, but I can't flash anything via recovery - it just gives an error. I need to wipe the slate clean. Please help! I can't find any threads that can help me right now. I've searched multiple sites and forums and nothing. I'm so frustrated... This is my only phone.

I need help using odin if that is the way... I just need to fix this. I have been told that it's fixable as long as I can access download, right? Please help!

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Instead of going into Download mod, try going into Recovery and do a Factory reset. This will put the phone back to stock rom, based on the rom you had. Pull the battery and put it back once it is shut down. Hold the Volume up, the Home and Power on button til it boots, do not leg go of any buttons till it has booted into recovery. Once in recovery let go and then tap the volume up button to get into recovery. Here you can choose Factory Reset. Good luck.

beefee102

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I should have mentioned it but I did that. What I eventually did was find the stock rom, and install it via odin and that fixed it.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you follow the right steps for installing Google Wallet?? And did you ever have it running? Because if you did and had it all set up than your NFC MIGHT be broken...

pufntrees

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
since you just got your phone
call tmobile
tell them you went to install a app and your phone froze
there gonna do the whole reset process
just play along
and by the end of the convo
they will be sending you a new phone
ive done that method twice now

Trending Posts