Jelly bean update and bluetooth Calling issue

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Infiniti. Have a Blackberry Bold and T-Mobile Android Slide which have worked perfectly with the car for years. Complained to T-Mobile who had me jumping through test hoops like everyone else. My new S3 actually worked perfectly the day I activated but then the Bluetooth went south the next day after the automatic android software update. Apparently Samsung and T-Mobile screwed up the last build of Jelly Bean and a number of the bluetooth protocalls dont work now. Android developers have been complaining about it for months. I finally pressed the issue with T-Mobile support who were clueless about this major defect in the operating system. It seems that neither Samsung or T-Mobile wants to acknowledge the bad news and feel that playing dumb wasting customer and tech support time is a better option.

The T-Mobile Tech I was dealing with actually confirmed the bug from links I gave her and documented the problem in the T-Mobile database. They only way to get this fixed to to pressure them will lots of tech support complaints as Samsung does not want to deal with it and in denial. Call TMoble support and insist that they add your complaint to the now documented known issue.
It's not just T-Mobile. I'm on Verizon. The common denominators are Samsung and Google. Judging by some issues I have with my Nexus 7 my vote is that the major responsibility goes to Google.

ballen9957

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Infiniti. Have a Blackberry Bold and T-Mobile Android Slide which have worked perfectly with the car for years. Complained to T-Mobile who had me jumping through test hoops like everyone else. My new S3 actually worked perfectly the day I activated but then the Bluetooth went south the next day after the automatic android software update. Apparently Samsung and T-Mobile screwed up the last build of Jelly Bean and a number of the bluetooth protocalls dont work now. Android developers have been complaining about it for months. I finally pressed the issue with T-Mobile support who were clueless about this major defect in the operating system. It seems that neither Samsung or T-Mobile wants to acknowledge the bad news and feel that playing dumb wasting customer and tech support time is a better option.

The T-Mobile Tech I was dealing with actually confirmed the bug from links I gave her and documented the problem in the T-Mobile database. They only way to get this fixed to to pressure them will lots of tech support complaints as Samsung does not want to deal with it and in denial. Call TMoble support and insist that they add your complaint to the now documented known issue.

lodaka

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried Pierre GRAND's workaround, to see if it makes any difference? I already downgraded; so I can't try at this time.

sergethegsd

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You can add Aston Martin to the list if cars. My S3 running JB 4.12 refuses to synchronise address book and occasionally won't connect to the car phone or the cars security device. My original Galaxy S had no problem at all. Hope it's fixed soon, regret getting the phone now.

cgmitchell

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this will help any of you. I have tried to read very carefully about the issues that you are having. My wife has a 2013 Honda CRV with the navigation system and HondaLink. her bluetooth works fine as long as the phone is plugged in and charging. She had a Tmobile Mytouch 4g and it was flawless. When she got the S3 is when the problems started. I have spoken to Tmobile and Honda extensively and no one seems to have a clue. It just happened that I was driving her car to the dealership to have the radio software updated. Her phone was dead so I plugged it in and it worked perfectly. I didn't catch on to what was happening until it had gotten fully charged and I unplugged it.

I am now hearing rumors that it has to do with the JellyBean power saving profile and that it is dropping the signal.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will help any of you. I have tried to read very carefully about the issues that you are having. My wife has a 2013 Honda CRV with the navigation system and HondaLink. her bluetooth works fine as long as the phone is plugged in and charging. She had a Tmobile Mytouch 4g and it was flawless. When she got the S3 is when the problems started. I have spoken to Tmobile and Honda extensively and no one seems to have a clue. It just happened that I was driving her car to the dealership to have the radio software updated. Her phone was dead so I plugged it in and it worked perfectly. I didn't catch on to what was happening until it had gotten fully charged and I unplugged it.

I am now hearing rumors that it has to do with the JellyBean power saving profile and that it is dropping the signal.
My BT signal drops even when the phone is in the charging cradle. In fact one of the settings I use with Car Home Ultra is to keep the phone at full power when in the cradle.

robo45h

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Another voice added to the crowd here. I have two different Android phones: Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE and ATT Samsung Galaxy S III. Both started out with ICS and worked with my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD bluetooth headset. Then Jelly Bean happened (first on my EVO then on my S3). Now, I get "Phone 2 disconnected" all the time. Basically, my hands-free headset for my phone is nearly useless, as it's no longer hands-free. I have to manually pick up the phone and reconnect the headset to place or answer a call.

mhyttel

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My Samsung Galaxy S2 has just been upgraded to JB and after this BT was not working in my renault Megane. BT connection was restarted every 30 sec - with a load clik in car speakers :-(

Solution: When you is parring you mobil the first time - you are ask to "allow to transferer contact to BT" here you MUST SAY NO.

now I have a megane and BT connection - WORKING

Pierre GRAND

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Lastest feedback :

After 1 week I can confirm stability of the connection. No more issue.

I'm using now(that mean I selected in my phonebook) only Google contacts filtered on one group.
This group consists in 25 contacts that can have up to 5 numbers.
All other sources of contact are disabled. (SIM, phone, other google accounts, exchange accounts...)

I'm adding from time to time contact to this group and check that I still have an efficient bluetooth. For now it's working.

Adam Mair

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Do I have a different problem??
What I get is the hanset paired and everything ok but when I go to make a call using the headunit in the vehicle the connection reads "disconnected"
Sometimes it works though and the call is always clear.

If I dial from the handset it works every time.

Only the upgrade has made th eissue before that it worked 100% everytime.
Samsung have messed up bigtime with the software and kies issues they have, I'd still prefer it to Iphone but come on guys we don't want to be continually waiting on software engineers playing catch up !!

lodaka

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would give an update now that we have 4.2.2. out. Well, it didn't fix any problems that I had, i.e. same problem after upgrading. I did say "Cancel" when the car wanted to access my address book to see if it would work that way, but it didn't. I didn't want to try restricting the contacts to SIM only as that is getting a bit ludicrous for me. So, I went back to 4.1.2 again and BT came back yet again. What the heck did they mess up with 4.2? I don't get it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Lastest feedback :

After 1 week I can confirm stability of the connection. No more issue.

I'm using now(that mean I selected in my phonebook) only Google contacts filtered on one group.
This group consists in 25 contacts that can have up to 5 numbers.
All other sources of contact are disabled. (SIM, phone, other google accounts, exchange accounts...)

I'm adding from time to time contact to this group and check that I still have an efficient bluetooth. For now it's working.
I am currently testing your idea of not syncing contacts and although I haven't driven much since trying it seems that the phone signal meter now matches the phone which is a good sign. Also, the BT connection has not dropped yet. Once I drive a longer distance I'll know for sure. I have no reason to add the contacts to my car directory as I have an iBolt dock and can dial and see incoming calls right from the phone. The car directory is a convenience for me but not a necessity. I will continue testing but so far this is looking somewhat positive. I would love to know what function in passing contacts from phone to car is causing all of the errors though. Thanks for the post!

keith_1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd add my experiences. I have Galaxy S3 Mini which is suffering the BT disconnect problem in my Audi.

I have tried the advice recommended above and made sure all my contacts are in one location (i.e. google) and not mixed between phone and sim. This seemed to improve matters a bit but not completely. It always connects fine but most days it will then disconnect after a few minutes, then sometimes reconnect. I have found that when it disconnects, if I wake the phone it will instantly reconnect! It seems as though the phone goes into some sort of sleep mode which causes it to disconnect. Whether this is beacuse it hasn't finished downloading contacts and call history I dont know. I use this phone in another older Audi and it exhibits very similar problems so I'm pretty certain it is the phone not the car.

I have also followed previous advice to clear logs on the phone and turn off battery saver modes. I have also paired and re-paired the phone.

Avi Spitz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have exactly the same problem with my Audi...I will try your suggestion...Thanks...Hopefilly it works for me. it is impossible to talk like that.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Audi A4 but use an iBolt car dock in conjunction with Car Home Ultra. I have my phone set to not sleep while in the dock. I also am not syncing any contacts at all since I can see them from the phone itself and there is no reason for me to see them in my dash as well. It would be nice but not a necessity for me. Since I stopped allowing my contacts to merge my phone has been maintaining a bluetooth connection without any difficulty.

tas32253

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
2008 Altima also fails - same issue. No help from Samsung - no help from AT&T. Incredibly poor responsiveness. I will NEVER buy this product or support Samsung again. EVER.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
2008 Altima also fails - same issue. No help from Samsung - no help from AT&T. Incredibly poor responsiveness. I will NEVER buy this product or support Samsung again. EVER.
If you do a Google search it seems that the problem is not a Samsung problem or a carrier issue. It is a Google problem.