What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the color theme doesn't really fit with the update. It's weird that when you pull the notification shade down, you get the blueish bar along the bottom but the quick settings are green, it just seems kinda "off" to me. Overall though my device seems somewhat more sluggish and studders here and there, especially with builtin apps for some reason, like messaging and the phone. There's a few other things too....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The bottom of mine when I pull down the notifications is Gray. Also mine is very responsive, no slow downs at all. I did do a Factory reset after install. This is recommended by the Dev's over at XDA for any new rom install.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I got the phone two weeks ago. Updated to JB as soon as out came out.

Very smooth. Having fun with Google Now.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Love it. Few things I absolutely hate (Takes longer to bring up multitask window, Blue tint to email, browser, and home screen sometimes.) Everything else I love. Can't wait for 4.1.2

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm probably going to end up doing a factory reset. I didn't at first because it's a pain setting up the home screens and stuff again. I probably should though

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm probably going to end up doing a factory reset. I didn't at first because it's a pain setting up the home screens and stuff again. I probably should though

To be on the safe side get SMS and App Backup and Restore and just backup your SMS and apps to the SDCard.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...fe.smsbackup&feature=nav_other&token=SrTDMbzH

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.appbackup&feature=nav_result&token=nU7TZKe7

Douche Bigelow

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I like JB so far, just hope there's an update soon to fix a few bugs. I have to change my default keyboard back to SwiftKey every couple of days, as well as re check the keep screen on while charging option. Also, I don't care for the dark gray notification bar, the black one looked better with most of my wallpapers.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Freakin awesome sauce I had tha JB prerelease b4 tha official but it great nice smooth expanded notifications and google now is tha best feature it just learns everything and auto feeds u info on tha go or b4 u leave home to go to work or otherwise

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I like JB so far, just hope there's an update soon to fix a few bugs. I have to change my default keyboard back to SwiftKey every couple of days, as well as re check the keep screen on while charging option. Also, I don't care for the dark gray notification bar, the black one looked better with most of my wallpapers.

I have never had that keyboard issue did u reset ur phone after installing JB

Douche Bigelow

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have never had that keyboard issue did u reset ur phone after installing JB

Did a reset and still having the same issues. It happens every time I reboot. I'm using SwiftKey, I'll try a different keyboard and see if it still reverts to the Samsung keyboard.

Mama2ata

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind it. I do notice that in order to save the battery while surfing the net the screen is tinted blue. When on full battery its a normal white.

How does one bring up the multitasking window???

Eta: I hate everytime I go to select a picture it asks if I want to choose from drop box or gallery then asks if I want to "always" or "just once" use that method. So annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind it. I do notice that in order to save the battery while surfing the net the screen is tinted blue. When on full battery its a normal white.

How does one bring up the multitasking window???

Eta: I hate everytime I go to select a picture it asks if I want to choose from drop box or gallery then asks if I want to "always" or "just once" use that method. So annoying.

For the screen tint try going to Settings/Display and uncheck Auto adjust screen tone. If this does not work then go to Settings/Power saving mode and uncheck Screen power saving and Background color. To get to the multitasking window long press on the home button.

envenomedx5

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean turned my device into a lagging mess.

When it was on 4.0.4 it was as quick and responsive as an iPhone, operating without a hint of lag and now it suffers from input lag using the software keyboard, stock browser went from being liquid smooth to sluggish, slower when launching and exiting programs, the entire phone is clunkier and slower than before.

Overall, it has been a real downgrade.

This is after two factory resets and re-installing everything from scratch, without there being too much on my device in the first place.

Its making me regret purchasing my S3.

duck383

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
loving JB so far not to many complaints just got Gs3 week ago today added JB 4.1 cpl days later so still learning :)

Mama2ata

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Can some screen shot this new multitasking window? Long pressing the home button only brings up a lust of items I have done/looked at throughout the day.

I've included a ss of what lo g pressing the home button does.
a7y7ypa9.jpg

Or is this the actual feature?.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
One in the same. That is also the window to get to the running apps without look for the ICON. You can clear them or tap on one to reopen it where you left it.

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
My S3 has been an absolute champ ever since the update. Amazingly responsive and always quick from any input. Not a single real issue aside from some older games I bought on Google Play refusing to install with it being "not compatible". Gameloft and EA being the largest offenders of not updating their apps for JLB.

By itself, I love the new features and simply how fast this phone is.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can some screen shot this new multitasking window? Long pressing the home button only brings up a lust of items I have done/looked at throughout the day.

I've included a ss of what lo g pressing the home button does. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/a7y7ypa9.jpg

Or is this the actual feature?.

I think ur looking for tha multi window screen I.e. two apps side by side correct? But thats only on tha gslaxy note 2 for now there is a rumor that samsung might put it out for tha s3 in tha next JB update

krazyeighty8

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is the video play while looking at other stuff new or was it released with the jelly bean update?

I believe this feature came with ICS.

My S3 seems to be running fine. Only issue I have is that the area below the battery gets hot after 15-20 mins of phone use, apps, youtube, games etc. Is this normal?