SGS3 Update But No Google Now

adamsfather5

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, All:

Wife and I both have SGS3s and updated to JB last night. Her Google Search has Google Now (showed up with a Google Now/card prompt when we opened it after updating it and has Google Now option on Settings). My Google Search looks "new" (mountain graphic in the back and has voice prompted search by saying "google" when opened) but does not have Google Now option on settings nor does it have a Google now/card prompt when opening Google search after updating. Any reason why it would work on mine and not her's?

Thanks for any information. BTW, my wife and I both have google search as a widget on our SGS3 home page.

Thanks again in advance!

Best,
Aaron

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
From what I know there is no specific setting or app called "Google Now."

Just in case I checked my application settings and I have no app called "Google Now." Google Now is in Google Search so they are virtually the same thing. If you hold the home button and see three buttons on the bottom "Task Manager, Google Search/Now, and a Trash Can" then you have Google Now.

adamsfather5

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Yes. I discovered that Google Search and Google Now are the same thing. After updating my SGS3 to JB I moved to update my Google Search so that I can have the functionality of Google Now. However, when we did that on my wife's phone and reopened Google Search we found that (a) there was a nice little intro on the Google Now card function and (b) when we hit the button at the bottom left of the screen there was a Google Now tab under the settings option. Mine has neither. It "looks" the same but does not have any reference to the card function and it does not have the Google Now tab under the settings option. Based on what I am seeing from my wife's updated phone and Google Search and from what I am seeing from people's "how-to's" online, I seem to be missing something . . .

Hope this is a bit more clear. Thanks so much for the consideration and responses.

Best,
Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer