Galaxy S3 Major Battery Drain

Jake_GS3

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung GS3 experienced a major battery drain today, and I am currently about to have to turn it off to conserve the rest of the power until I can return to my car. I started with a full battery this morning at 6 a.m. It is now 12:50 p.m. and I have less than 8% battery left.

I noticed that my Smart Stay was on constantly. So I shut that off. I have read in other threads that this is a problem.

Just to conserve power, I also shut off all GPS functions and WiFi. However, my phone seems to still be using battery at about 1 percent every 4-5 minutes. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening?

I also tried restarting, then I tried shutting down the phone, and finally I tried pulling the battery. It is still eating up my battery.

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Play and download this app:

Android Booster
run it and auto optimize. My battery was like yours, and now it lasts over 17 HOURS!
Good Luck (Might be because I'm Rooted) so YMMV

Jake_GS3

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I will look into this app. I have also heard praise for the JuiceDefender app, but I was running it and didn't notice a major difference.

Jake_GS3

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Play and download this app:

Android Booster
run it and auto optimize. My battery was like yours, and now it lasts over 17 HOURS!
Good Luck (Might be because I'm Rooted) so YMMV

I just downloaded the app. It seems great so far. It REALLY throttles everything down. I like the concept of being able to bring the phone out of deep power-saving mode only when I want to. I didn't feel like I could do this with Juice Defender. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance