Taking AT&T GSIII over to T-Mobile

cwchase

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I posted this over on the At&t forums and got no real response, so maybe someone here has done this.

I was just wondering if anyone would like to share their experience with taking their AT&T GS3 over to T-Mobile's Network. I'm still on contract with AT&T for a while, but I would really like to hear about other people's experiences with the jump. In particular, I'd like to hear how people's HSPA+ and LTE (if any) experience has been so far, not just in terms of speed, but how does their reliability and call quality compare? If you don't mind, please tell us your general location as well, so we can get an idea of who has the better network and where.

Frankly I am really happy with my GS3, especially with CM10.1 running on it, and I could see myself sticking with this phone for a long while. It would be great if I could do so while not continuing to pay AT&T's phone-subsidizing rate.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I switched in January. Im in Oakland, Ca. I get dropped calls and some times no data. Its annoying @ best. Im also in a area with a lot of different/competing providers so i think that may have something to do with it.

YMMV

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
GTWalling - Both AT&T and T-Mobile uses the AWS band for their LTE (AT&T has 700 MHz band extra), and AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S3 support both 700 Mhz and AWS band for LTE. So it will work for T-Mobile as well.

To the OP, I never use AT&T before, been a T-Mobile customer for years. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I don't have a data plan for my Galaxy S3, but for call quality, it's mostly fine, but sometimes it's kind of bad when I am inside my home, but everywhere else is fine. For speeds, I am not too sure about that, but my friend is getting 10Mbps+ with his iPhone 5 I believe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta