Yellow box appears around every application - help!

Maximus_12

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
A yellow box began appearing around everything I attempt to touch, I have to double tap to select anything, it vibrates multiple times whenever I click something, and additionally this glitch makes it impossible to scroll.

I don't believe I changed anything in settings, nor did I update my phone recently.

I also cannot prepare for a factory reset since I can't scroll in order to backup my data, so any solution besides that would be ideal.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Maximus! I'm going to infer that you're also not able to get into Settings. :( Have you tried powering off the device and removing the battery. A factory reset does sound like it might get you going again but, yeah, you'd want to backup your data if you can. You could also try connecting your phone to your PC and backing up with KIES.

Bjesticles

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey
A friend just had the same problem, and it seems that 'talkback mode' had been activated in the accessibility options. You should be able to scroll using two fingers instead of one. If you can, go to settings -> accessibility -> talkback and turn it off. Hopefully that fixes your problem :)

Siddarth Nair

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
THanks a ton @PMBjesticles i encountered the same problem and got it fixed now. Thanks for ur post (evn thought it was posted long back) still helped. :D)

MANGESH PAWAR

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Dear friend,
the problem is happened due to in in Setting < Ease of access < Narrator < ON...
remember the next time ....
& the solution to your problem is either go to setting by double tapping or how you may go & turn narrator off or HOLD the VOLUME UP button and DOUBLE TAP at WINDOWS button.....

No claps please....... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

bmxkidrocket

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for your help. I was able to unlock the screen and scroll with 2 fingers instead of 1. I was able to access my setting by double-tapping. For some reason the icon called "quiet time" was selected and once I unclicked it all the yellow boxes disappeared and I was able to use it. I thought I broke it and didn't even tell my parents since that would be my 3rd tablet I broke. I haven't been able to use it for 2 weeks! Now I can finally play my Simpsons' Tapped Out. Thanks again! :D

ilyabyk83

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey
A friend just had the same problem, and it seems that 'talkback mode' had been activated in the accessibility options. You should be able to scroll using two fingers instead of one. If you can, go to settings -> accessibility -> talkback and turn it off. Hopefully that fixes your problem :)

Worked like a charm... Thanx

P.S. Worked on LG G3... (same steps!!)

shingitashy

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
That was so helpful.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Quote Originally Posted by Bjesticles
A friend just had the same problem, and it seems that 'talkback mode' had been activated in the accessibility options. You should be able to scroll using two fingers instead of one. If you can, go to settings -> accessibility -> talkback and turn it off. Hopefully that fixes your problem
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This worked for my Sony Xperia M2 Aqua
Thank you, what a relief

eazaudio

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Bjesticles!!! The engineer responsible for designing and/or approving that feature SHOULD B FIRED!!! He or she lacks complete understanding of how tech works. The way to design is logical and simple and was a really annoying thing to have happen!!! I wasted 20 minutes of my time rectifying the issue!!! FIRE THAT ENGINEER!!! Please!!! he or she is what makes tech SUCK!!! and I do tech for a living BTW....That designer of that feature is a MORON!!! Peace and Thanks again!!!

Da_binding_of_Isaac

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I'm guessing that you had the problem as well. It said (in my phone, at least) that it was for blind or near blind people. If you were like me, you had the sound off. When I went back with the sound on, I heard it saying what you were clicking on. It was supposed to help, but the vibrations were pretty bad.

Red Woods

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
to the one who suggested the two finger scrolling as opposed to one -- Really? THANKS!! simple but sooooo effective. short cuts are NOT short cuts if you don't know about them!!!
so yeah, you get a round of applause from me....
i knew to go to settings/ knew it was on the talkback mode even but still had NO idea how to get lucky and have my screen scroll down!!! ahhh!
so again- thank you for sharing and for all of you who take the time to share... it is important- some of us just get by & these threads have saved my cookies a few times.

thank you to you all!!!

Peace
In His Service-
RED WOODS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar