Can I swap a AT&T board into a Tmobile S3

ChrisinTexas79

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My board in my Tmobile S3 has gone bad. I have a line on a cheap board, but it is from an AT&T S3. Everything I seem to read makes it sound like they are compatible. Am I correct?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't say for sure that it would work but you would think so.

Problems I can see however are..

1. If you replacing the main board then things like radio are probably a part of the swap. So there could be some carrier issues there but they are compatible ( both GSM/HSPA+/LTE carriers).

2. When swapping the board there will probably be a change in IMEI and/or serial numbers of the device so if the board your installing was from a black listed device there could be problems.

I'm sure there could be other issues I'm overlooking but that is what comes off the top of my head.

ChrisinTexas79

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I swap a AT&T board into a Tmobile S3

Right on. That is kinda what I was thinking. I feel I may experience some data issues on the network, but I am in WiFi constantly...so that isn't a worry. I just need to be able to make calls and SMS messages. The board is clean as I know the guy that has it. Busted his digitizer and got an S4. Sounds like the main board is good.

Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

Right on. That is kinda what I was thinking. I feel I may experience some data issues on the network, but I am in WiFi constantly...so that isn't a worry. I just need to be able to make calls and SMS messages. The board is clean as I know the guy that has it. Busted his digitizer and got an S4. Sounds like the main board is good.

Thanks for the input!