Pamela Jean

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Read somewhere to go in SETTINGS, DEVICE, ACCESSIBILITIES and turn off flashing lite notifications to stop the screen strobing I sometimes get ever since I upgraded to 4.3, BUT there is no such thing to turn off! I have Samsung Galaxy SIII. How do I turn off the flashing screen?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Read somewhere to go in SETTINGS, DEVICE, ACCESSIBILITIES and turn off flashing lite notifications to stop the screen strobing
The setting that you're referring to changes the behavior of the flash on the back of the phone (normally used with the camera) - it doesn't have anything to do with your screen getting weird.

I'd go with the system cache wipe and Factory Reset, as mentioned above, particularly if the problem started right after an update.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Pamela Jean

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thx, both of u but im afraid to do any resets as I've tons of stuff and personalization on my phone. I'm thinking its a notification of some kind but haven't figured what!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Cache partition wipes will not erase any personal data or settings, so don't worry about that.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thx, both of u but im afraid to do any resets as I've tons of stuff and personalization on my phone.
Well, you can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and if the problem goes away then you know it's a 3rd party application causing your problem. Just reboot the phone again to get out of Safe mode and everything should be back to normal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk