Samsung Galaxy s3 SGH-T999 is stuck on Samsung logo and will not respond to anything!

Jyl Stewart

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I attempted (as a beginner) to restore a galaxy s3 to factory firmware (4.0). I used Odin v3.07.
Here are my problems:

-The phone is stuck on the Samsung Logo screen (with the flashing blue light around logo).
-I cannot go into any mode at all (recovery, download, etc).
-Samsung Kies will not recognize my phone.

So, in conclusion, I need major help. I had to downgrade in order to unlock. Now, I'm really aggravated and do not know what to do.
Hi, I know this doesn't have much to do with your topic, but can I ask how you figured out to downgrade your phone. Because I have the same phone and I'm trying to downgrade to 4.3 jellybean

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
can I ask how you figured out to downgrade your phone. Because I have the same phone and I'm trying to downgrade to 4.3 jellybean
You can use a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07) and manually load the firmware, which you can find here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner.

I don't know offhand if the Knox bootloader will generate the same problem that it does when someone tries to downgrade from 4.3 to an earlier non-Knox bootloader - YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

tgrennell99

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My SGH-T999 (Galaxy SIII/T-Mobile) is stuck at the second Samsung screen as well, where it remains and won't finish booting up. I unlocked my phone, and it is now on the StraightTalk carrier, and I'm running off of the AT&T network, currently (I've been unlocked for approximately 3 months), and I just recently (about 3-4 days ago) rooted my phone without any problem. The day following my root, I decided to flash a ROM, but after flashing the ROM, it began to not boot up, properly or entirely. When I go into download mode and try to flash a different ROM through Odin, everything works out, but then when I turn the phone off and bring it to recovery mode, and install the zip, it says it installed, and then I reboot it. This is when my phone goes to the Samsung screen, followed by the Galaxy S III screen, and then android rocketing, and finally the 2nd Samsung screen, where it remains. Several times when I've tried this, it has told me I have no OS, and I would like to know how to get this situation taken care of. I've wiped everything time and time again, with no luck. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

tgrennell99

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried doing that, downloading and installing the firmware, but Odin always fails the attempt. Is there any way I could get a step-by-step instruction on how, exactly, I should be doing this? Because it feels like I'm not getting anywhere with this process.

tgrennell99

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've tried downloading the firmware and flashing/installing it using Odin, but it ALWAYS fails. If anyone can give me step-by-step instructions on how to exactly do this, that would be greatly appreciated. I have CWM based recovery installed already and here's what I have done so far:

I have wiped everything from my phone, via recovery mode
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition

under mounts and storage
- format /system
- format /data
- format /cache

under advanced
- wipe dalvik cache

After doing this, I put my phone into download mode and started up Odin, where I ended up flashing/installing the firmware for my phone, specifically, with a big FAIL in red.

I've tried to install/flash the firmware, several times, with the same outcome... As I posted before, my phone doesn't boot up passed the 2nd Samsung logo, and I'm pretty sure it's because it doesn't recognize any ROM that I've thrown at it. I've even tried flashing a ROM that I previously had on it, when the phone worked, but now, it doesn't even want to boot passed that 2nd Samsung logo.

I have the galaxy s III model SGH-T999, BUT when it was working properly, I had it on the STRAIGHT TALK carrier and was on the AT&T network through them, so my phone is unlocked (obviously, being a T-Mobile phone), and I rooted it just a few days ago perfectly. When I tried to flash another ROM, it did this, and I haven't been able to get out of this predicament.

I need serious help with this issue, and all the help I can get would be WONDERFUL. Please Please Please help me with step-by-step instruction on how to do this.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

cmcmen

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: referring to the stuck on samsung logo issue

I had the same issue when downgrading. You need to perform a factory reset and wipe all data so:
  • remove the battery to get out of boot loop
  • hold volume up - home and power to go into recovery mode
  • select wipe data/factory reset
  • then select wipe cache partition.
  • reboot

works.

Railey6

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys...have a Samsung SGH-T999 that has a USB problem cnt acess storage mode but it charges alright...so I figures it was a software problem so dicided to flash it with cm11 rom and restore it bck to stock firmware... I flashed it without backing up n the cm11 rom didn't work..am not stuck on bootloop and my usb is not working so cnt use Odin... Is there anyway I can flash my phone and get it to boot. Coz I rli love my phone..plss help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!
my usb is not working so cnt use Odin... Is there anyway I can flash my phone and get it to boot.
No, if the micro-USB port is not working there's no way to flash it yourself. You could try a JTAG service, but you should probably get the micro-USB port repaired if you're going to keep it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon