SHG-T999 stuck on "Samsung" screen cannot connect to Kies or Odin in download mode.

Dadli_BB

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys

Ive been up and down the forum looking for a solution to my issue, there are tons of simular topics but none really addressing mine.

I got a Samsung S3 SHG T999 (T-Mobie 4G) from a friend knowing it had the boot up issue (not sure how it happened) I thought it was going to be an easy fix, but boy was I wrong :(...this is where I'm at:

1. The phone can ONLY enter Recovery and Download modes when its totally off...trying to preform the buttom sequence at the samsung logo only makes the cell restart.

2. Ive tried the regular Recovery Mode wipe and reboot options (clear cache too) that doesn't work.

3. (And heres the kicker) I cannot get Kies to recognize the cell no matter what I try...and only for a brief second once Odin added the cell but immediately removed it...since then it doesnt recognize the cell at all

4. The phone shows it charges thru the same ports I used to try to connect the cell so what gives....one last thing..this is what shows in download mode:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SHG-T999
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samgsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

thats abt it guys...I'm at a total loss...totally stuck...I know its an older model phone but pls help

Thx in advance for whatever help given