My Galaxy s 3 wont turn on

Raulio 56

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
So this was around February, i was playing a game and it was lagging so i couldnt do anything i decided to just tap the power button so it could go to the lockscreen and maybe get it to work again,but instead when i did that the screen didnt want to turn on...So i put another battery in and it still didnt want to respond, i also tried doing recovery mode since it was rooted but the only thing i get is when i plugged it in to the computer is the sound of something connecting but no pop ups of folder and also the charging red light turns on for about 2 min then turns off...Any idea of what it is ,does it need screen replacement or something? ?

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

It nearly sounds like there is a short on the motherboard, especially if it isn't charging anymore. Have you tried charging the new battery overnight?

Raulio 56

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

It nearly sounds like there is a short on the motherboard, especially if it isn't charging anymore. Have you tried charging the new battery overnight?

Yes i tried the new battery and also my aunts battery, the battery does charge(tested it on my aunts phone) but nothing happens

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say, it could be the motherboard. You can try and find parts on ebay if you think you can repair yourself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1