Amaze 4G looks Amazing!

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to really check this out before committing to my next phone. Seems October is a big month for new phones. SGS II, Amaze, Iphone 5 and potentially HTC Holiday. I was all set to pick up the Galaxy S2 until I actually played with it. Definitely nice phone but something about the thinness didn't feel right to me. I also like Sense. Almost picked up the Sensation a few weeks back but read a lot of complaints regarding quality and dust under the screen. Also with the Amaze on the horizon decided to wait. Curious for those who have already seen the Amaze how does it compare to the Sensation. Is it basically the same or definitely a big step up? One of the items that sounds great is the dedicated camera button. I can see this definitely coming in handy however at the same time wondering if it could be an issue. Curious if it will be too sensitive where it may be accidentally turned on too often. In any case, hoping to play with one soon. Still no signs of it in my local T-Mobile shops.

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I want to really check this out before committing to my next phone. Seems October is a big month for new phones. SGS II, Amaze, Iphone 5 and potentially HTC Holiday. I was all set to pick up the Galaxy S2 until I actually played with it. Definitely nice phone but something about the thinness didn't feel right to me. I also like Sense. Almost picked up the Sensation a few weeks back but read a lot of complaints regarding quality and dust under the screen. Also with the Amaze on the horizon decided to wait. Curious for those who have already seen the Amaze how does it compare to the Sensation. Is it basically the same or definitely a big step up? One of the items that sounds great is the dedicated camera button. I can see this definitely coming in handy however at the same time wondering if it could be an issue. Curious if it will be too sensitive where it may be accidentally turned on too often. In any case, hoping to play with one soon. Still no signs of it in my local T-Mobile shops.

I'm curious as well how the Amaze will be. Although I'm a new T-Mobile customer as well as Sensation owner so far I have to say I love the phone other than the speaker. Seems to be pretty poor for external use and I can max out the volume when listening with headphones and it's no where near loud enough for me.

Interested to see if the Amaze will improve on any of this at all. I know it's coming with more RAM and a better camera as well as features so I may have to look into a exchange if deemed worthy:)

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the Amaze for a bit at the T-Mobile store. While they cannot sell them as of yet, they do have them in stock, at least the store in my area did. After playing with it for a bit I have to say I have mixed reviews.

The positives: the screen is absolutely gorgeous. I found it bright and the colors were truly amazing. The body, to me, looked classy. I liked the combination of the silver metal frame against the black. The speed of Sense was great and I did not see any slowdown. Everything appeared to start right up and web browsing was quick.

The negatives: Unit is a bit heavy. It wasn't overbearing but you can sense (no pun intended) the weight difference between the Amaze and the Sensation. It feels like a solid device but weighty. I don't mind it too much but had wished it was a little lighter. Screen tracking seemed to be off. I had to swipe my fingers a few times before the screen would change. Screen looked clean and I wiped it down even further but problem still persisted. Not sure if it needed to be calibrated or something but this kind of worries me as it appears to have been right out of the box.

Haven't given up on it yet and will probably go back for another test run. For those interested I would recommend swing by your local T-Mobile store as I bet most will have them in stock by now. You have to ask though, as it's not on display as of yet. Once I asked, they brought it out from the back room for me to play with.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the Amaze for a bit at the T-Mobile store. While they cannot sell them as of yet, they do have them in stock, at least the store in my area did. After playing with it for a bit I have to say I have mixed reviews.

The positives: the screen is absolutely gorgeous. I found it bright and the colors were truly amazing. The body, to me, looked classy. I liked the combination of the silver metal frame against the black. The speed of Sense was great and I did not see any slowdown. Everything appeared to start right up and web browsing was quick.

The negatives: Unit is a bit heavy. It wasn't overbearing but you can sense (no pun intended) the weight difference between the Amaze and the Sensation. It feels like a solid device but weighty. I don't mind it too much but had wished it was a little lighter. Screen tracking seemed to be off. I had to swipe my fingers a few times before the screen would change. Screen looked clean and I wiped it down even further but problem still persisted. Not sure if it needed to be calibrated or something but this kind of worries me as it appears to have been right out of the box.

Haven't given up on it yet and will probably go back for another test run. For those interested I would recommend swing by your local T-Mobile store as I bet most will have them in stock by now. You have to ask though, as it's not on display as of yet. Once I asked, they brought it out from the back room for me to play with.

I checked out the Amaze too. (Along with the Galaxy S II 4g)

It's funny, I thought the exact same things you did about the Amaze. It's a great device overall. Perfect size, great camera, absolutely beautiful screen. Before I walked into the store I was certain I was going to get the Galaxy S II. Now I'm leaning toward the Amaze. Looking forward to Wednesday.......

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
trying to decide which one i'd get and here are the differences:

SGS2 - bigger battery, SAMOLED, bigger screen
amaze - heavier (coming from an N1, i like the solid feel), better camera

i wish they could just combine em into 1 phone. what else is there to take into consideration?

The galaxy is lighter than the Amaze.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So is this thing out today? It's available on T-Mobile's site and when I called in they said that it can be picked up from T-Mobile's stores as well...

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, being a long time HTC fan and love to tinker as you call it, I just ordered my new black HTC Amaze.
PS My brother just picked up his Samsung GS2 and he is having some issues with his wifi. Don't know what's up with that, The GPS locks on right away, good thing, but yep just waiting for the UPS truck to pull up. Where the hell is it? Again thanks for the advice.
Vinny

fashionista1980

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I checked out the Amaze too. (Along with the Galaxy S II 4g)

It's funny, I thought the exact same things you did about the Amaze. It's a great device overall. Perfect size, great camera, absolutely beautiful screen. Before I walked into the store I was certain I was going to get the Galaxy S II. Now I'm leaning toward the Amaze. Looking forward to Wednesday.......

I thought the same as you! Lol when I went to get the "galaxy" it took me every bit of 20 mins to change my mind. Honestly I'm happy I did, the Amaze is awesome, I've barely put the phone down since I got it. I love it!:D

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Like a lot of you guys, I was dead set on getting the Galaxy S II. I was sure nothing would deter me from getting that phone when I walked into T-Mobile. Boy was I wrong.

I played with both phones for about 15 minutes before deciding on a white Amaze 4G and I don't regret my purchase at all. The build quality is insane and the white model is GORGEOUS. I would say it even tops the Sensation which is imo one of the best designed phones ever. I also love how you have two buttons for video recording and image capture.

When I was handed the Galaxy S II I was disappointed almost the instant it touched my hand. Coming from a Nexus S it honestly didn't feel all that different. Typical Samsung plastic lightweight garbage. The screen was also a lot bigger than I expected, almost like a mini tablet. But with that low resolution its almost pointless to have a screen that big. It's a lot wider than the Amaze. The res honestly looked terrible. Everything is overly large on the screen and lacks crispness.

Overall I'm very happy with the Amaze. It fixed pretty much everything I didn't like from the Sensation except two things. The Amaze still heats up dramatically during basic tasks and the audio quality during video recording is flatout bad when compared to recent Samsung or Motorola phones. Everything else though is a win. I hope this phone gets Sense 3.5!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

victoria7x

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't related but I just got my amaze and it has so many screens. I double tapped the home button so it could show me all the home screens that I have but there's no way to get rid of them. I just can't figure it out. Help please?

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't related but I just got my amaze and it has so many screens. I double tapped the home button so it could show me all the home screens that I have but there's no way to get rid of them. I just can't figure it out. Help please?

I don't know about Sense 3.0, but that was something that drove me crazy about Sense on my HTC Glacier. There was only an option to expand from 5 to 7 homescreens in Sense. That's one reason I use Launcher Pro. Unfortunately you lose the ability to use Sense widgets if you do that but Launcher Pro is more configurable. You can have as many or few homescreens as you want and customize the dock and way you want.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got an Amaze for my wife last week. (Her first Android phone)

After playing around with it for a few hours, she said: "Why would anyone get an iphone?"

I kind of wish I would have gotten one of these for myself instead of the Galaxy S II. The Samsung is a great phone, but I feel that the Amaze is a bit more "polished".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon