Great Phone but...

sampowers001

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy HTC products. I had an EVO 4g from Sprint and jumped for the Amaze with T-mo. Great build, it's heavy which I like. It is a great step up from the EVO. But, i'm having some minor issues. It get's warm...almost hot. I know its a dual core, but when this happens i'm not really running a lot of apps. It has locked up on me several times. I never had to do a battery pull on my EVO, I though this was just a BlackBerry (which I owned) thing. I had a huge issue with Tango. My wife has the HTC Sensation (great phone too BTW) and we ran into an issue that would not allow us to place or receive calls to each other if we both had this app installed. I don't relaibly get my voice mails. This morning I got a VM notification for a call I supposedly got at 6:32 am, but when I checked the envelope on the VM, I got the call at 8:30 pm something last night. I'm not sure if that is a network issue or what. Finally, this phone won't connect to the GPS using Google navigation in a reasonable amount of time (reasonable is less than 10 min) I like to switch between the TeleNav and Google because TeleNav doesn't have all of the same features.

I love this phone, but this is one of the first Amaze's off the line...I picked it up on the release day. I hope to snag another one with a later build date. I'm pretty sure these are issues that will be fixed with OTA updates, but I'm not willing to wait.

Still a great phone IMO.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm