(FIXED) Audio/Microphone quality while video recording

sneekgeek

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the Amaze 4G a week ago. Overall, I LOVE this phone. Big improvement over the Nexus One. Same great HTC build quality, but crazy faster in every way. While I miss vanilla android, the Sense UI does have its benefits.

From all my research, I knew the audio quality while shooting Video was going to be pretty poor compared to other phone shooters. Not necessarily a big deal because I got it more for its photo taking abilities and great hardware. While its not as bad as Youtubers are making it seem, its definitely noticeable.

Is the audio capturing issue a firmware issue? Can it be fixed with future updates? Any tips anyone has found to help? I haven't been able to find much on the topic, so any direction would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

sneekgeek

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I spoke too soon. After doing more research, a YouTube commenter recommended to TURN-OFF the stereo recording option. After testing it out myself, IT WORKS! The high 'tinny' effect is gone and there's less background noise. There's even more bass in the recording of my voice.

Hope this easy tip helps others!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, unfortunately I didn't see your post before posting my own about the stereo recording sound.

I have to say, though, this isn't "fixed," but a workaround. Stereo recording is a feature of the phone, and the inclusion of SRS Enhancement and something called "HTC 5.1 Surround" indicates that stereo recording is both intended and supported. The annoying sound goes away with an external mic, but so does the phone's cool ability to record in stereo. (Warning, snark ahead.) I'll bet the iPhone 4S doesn't have this problem....

I hope that HTC can resolve this in a firmware update. If' it's hardware-related, it's a big minus for what's supposed to be a top of the line unit. :-[

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1