Ringtones for Contacts

baperra

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have come across an issue and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I go to my contacts and choose to save a certain ringtone for certain contacts.everything gets saved correctly then after a couple of hours the ringtones that I saved for those contacts are gone and i have to go and reset them again then they disappear again and again. Is anyone else having this issue?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to ask on the other site ... do (either of) you have the contacts' ringtones mapped to system rings that came with phone, or your own sounds that you've downloaded to user-writeable storage? Are you plugging the phone into a PC via USB and mounting the drive? Are you syncing (with Google, HTC Sync, Touchdown, or anything else)?

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to ask on the other site ... do (either of) you have the contacts' ringtones mapped to system rings that came with phone, or your own sounds that you've downloaded to user-writeable storage? Are you plugging the phone into a PC via USB and mounting the drive? Are you syncing (with Google, HTC Sync, Touchdown, or anything else)?

Mine is on my external sd card... never had an issue before... but I'm probably going to just move the ringtones to the internal memory... see how that goes... :-\

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
See the other thread about rebooting (and potentially other actions) that break Sound set mappings to user sounds. I suspect the same is happening to contact ringtones.... In this case, re-mounting the internal SD_Card might not fix the broken link in the contact. :-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae