Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No, it doesn't suck... if the longer wait brings more fixes and stability.

I for one do NOT want a fast update and 2—3 piddly little fix updates.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I do.
I want it now.
Reason its first is T-Mobile sold way more GSII's than Amazes.

:(

Then root your Amaze, get S-OFF, and pop an ICS ROM on there. The leak was a near final build and we've only found a couple of annoying bugs that dont affect stability (like tiny app drawer, wifi turns off data sometimes, and a few keyboard options missing). Those are already fixed in other ROMs people have made using the leak.

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Then root your Amaze, get S-OFF, and pop an ICS ROM on there. The leak was a near final build and we've only found a couple of annoying bugs that dont affect stability (like tiny app drawer, wifi turns off data sometimes, and a few keyboard options missing). Those are already fixed in other ROMs people have made using the leak.

Actually, it is a leaked official update. You don't need S-OFF OR root to flash it.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I figured I would host the ics official ruu update that was leaked since many people are experiencing issues downloading. I've also included a link to the amaze toolbox that can lock/unlock boot loader and root the amaze for anyone who needs to relock the bootloader to apply the update.

1) download and save the zip to the root of your SD card.

2) relock the boot loader (skip this if you are still factory locked)

3) power down your phone and remove the battery.

4) reinsert the battery and boot to boot loader screen (hold volume down and power)

(5) Then just follow the prompts on the screen.

(6) once update is complete delete the zip from the SD card.

Update: http://db.tt/FaiSTIbO

Amaze toolbox (windows only): http://db.tt/zfM6L0HN

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: R3P2S7

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
True but if you want to flash a different ICS ROM then it would help. Flashing the Official RUU will actually remove root anyway.

You are still able to unlock the boot loader and root the amaze after the ics update with the same set of tools. The boot loader isn't updated in the ruu.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I figured I would host the ics official ruu update that was leaked since many people are experiencing issues downloading.

1) download and save the zip to the root of your SD card.

2) relock the boot loader (skip this if you are still factory locked)

3) power down your phone and remove the battery.

4) reinsert the battery and boot to boot loader screen (hold volume down and power)

Then just follow the prompts on the screen.

http://db.tt/FaiSTIbO

I guess the question is if you put this version of ICS on the Amaze (with what ever flaws it has) when the official update comes out are you going to be able to update to the official update that might not have the issues that this one has?

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess the question is if you put this version of ICS on the Amaze (with what ever flaws it has) when the official update comes out are you going to be able to update to the official update that might not have the issues that this one has?

Yes default update service is intact.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes default update service is intact.

Followed your instructions but when I replaced the battery and got to the bootloader screen but no prompts showed up... it looks like their are several options ... very confusing. Do you know of more detailed instructions on how to install an update via the method you suggest? I just don't want to brick the phone. This process was far easier on my old Blackberry phones. I did updates all the time without any issues. But Android is much more complex!

Thank you in advance for your help...

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Followed your instructions but when I replaced the battery and got to the bootloader screen but no prompts showed up... it looks like their are several options ... very confusing. Do you know of more detailed instructions on how to install an update via the method you suggest? I just don't want to brick the phone. This process was far easier on my old Blackberry phones. I did updates all the time without any issues. But Android is much more complex!

Thank you in advance for your help...

verify that the downloaded zip is not in any folders on your SD card. The only options you should see after the boot loader verifies the update will be volume up to install of volume down to decline.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Can someone verify this update other than me to put some peoples minds at ease about doing this update please.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify this update other than me to put some peoples minds at ease about doing this update please.

Many thanks to barkermichaelj for assisting me thru the update. It was a matter of the zip file not loading on my SD card, but the phone memory. Got that striaghtened out and the uupdate is as good as gold! Works great. Updated a couple of hours ago and everything works as it should. No issues with Wi-Fi, Data, Email, Camera, Exchange, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Calling... etc. Not sure what else T-Moible will add to this in July, if anything, but from what I see here it needs little if anything more.

Again... much appreciation to barkermichaelj for stepping up and getting this out to all of us who really didn't want to wait 2 more months.

So for the forum member who first asked "Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich?".... it's here... just do the update and you have it!

Reactions: barkermichaelj

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks to barkermichaelj for assisting me thru the update. It was a matter of the zip file not loading on my SD card, but the phone memory. Got that striaghtened out and the uupdate is as good as gold! Works great. Updated a couple of hours ago and everything works as it should. No issues with Wi-Fi, Data, Email, Camera, Exchange, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Calling... etc. Not sure what else T-Moible will add to this in July, if anything, but from what I see here it needs little if anything more.

Again... much appreciation to barkermichaelj for stepping up and getting this out to all of us who really didn't want to wait 2 more months.

So for the forum member who first asked "Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich?".... it's here... just do the update and you have it!

You're very welcome. Enjoy.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I about forgot. Once the update completes you should probably delete the zip file from the SD card so it doesn't interfere with future updates. I'll edit the original post to include this.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe this update is ready to be released officially but the marketing department is having it held back so they can sell the new fancy HTC one series of devices. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. The HTC one s I have is definitely a worthy upgrade with its sexy slim design long battery life and sense 4.0. Overlooking the fact that the battery is non removable and there is no SD expansion of course.