Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully by next March there will be better..more advance choices out there. Maybe that phone Tony stark carries around(such a geek).

Last edited:

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
No HBO Go!!!:'(
I just got my reply email from support.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. HBO GO is now supported on Android phones running up to version 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich). We are actively working on a version of the application that will be optimized for most Android tablets. Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for tablets is coming early this summer.

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got my reply email from support.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. HBO GO is now supported on Android phones running up to version 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich). We are actively working on a version of the application that will be optimized for most Android tablets. Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for tablets is coming early this summer.

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Yes..Thanks again.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No longer waiting on ICS.
Sold the Amaze on CL and bought the One S.
Turns out it was a good move.
They bumped my data from 2 to 5Gb for free,
and I'm not having the wifi hotspot poor to no reception issue I was having with the Amaze.

;)

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Sense 3.6 is all we will get..
Don't worry there are themes to make it look like 4.0 but why bother.. If you hack your phone AOSP will soon be available and MUCH faster without this sense crapware

Who cares about the Sense 4 look? It's the new functionality and streamlined code I want. For one, there's no indication that Sense 3.6 uses the dual-core chip any more than 3.0.

// Sent from my Interociter //

spyre

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fixed, had to run the all in one toolkit and flash the stock recovery and it upgraded just fine. Did not have to relock the bootloader.

So the official update downloaded and when booting up to do the install it says
"Unknown volume for path [INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip]

E: Can't mount INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip"

This all shows up in the xboarder56 CWM-Test v5.8.0.9.

Do I need to go in there and rename or move the OTA update to my external SD and install it differently?

Last edited:

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen a downloadable file for the new update... like the earlier leaked version.

I also noticed that the update has a different software version number... the OTA has a higher number than the leaked version. Hopefully, those of us who loaded up the leaked version that didn't require rooting the phone will be able to get the OTA. If not, then I hope someone makes a downloadable version available.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen a downloadable file for the new update... like the earlier leaked version.

I also noticed that the update has a different software version number... the OTA has a higher number than the leaked version. Hopefully, those of us who loaded up the leaked version that didn't require rooting the phone will be able to get the OTA. If not, then I hope someone makes a downloadable version available.

I haven't heard about the ota update yet but I did notice a new file available here. Just rename it to "PH85IMG.zip" and install like you did before from the sd card.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Fixed, had to run the all in one toolkit and flash the stock recovery and it upgraded just fine. Did not have to relock the bootloader.

So the official update downloaded and when booting up to do the install it says
"Unknown volume for path [INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip]

E: Can't mount INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip"

This all shows up in the xboarder56 CWM-Test v5.8.0.9.

Do I need to go in there and rename or move the OTA update to my external SD and install it differently?

Yes rename the file PH85IMG.zip

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the question... but which one of the 3 available do I download. Their seems to be one that says it was created 2 weeks ago... is that the one? Thanks....

The one 2 weeks ago is the newest. The one over a month ago is the one I posted earlier in this thread. Both are ics. The 3rd one is the old gingerbread.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed the new ICS file? If so, how is it working for you....

It's working great. To be honest there doesn't seem to be much difference between the official upgrade and the leak. From what I understand..there was supposed to be better battery and reception performance. But I don't see it..Yet. All and all I am very pleased. It's performed very well.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums