Loose Memory Card?

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Regularly, I have to go into Settings and unmount and remount the memory card for it to work. Often my pictures, ringtones, alarms all reset because the memory card either came loose or is having some other issues. Has anyone had this problem with their Amaze? Could it be OS or device related. Maybe its a bad memory card? I have a 32 gig Transcend memory card.

Thanks in advance

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you've connected your phone to a computer in Disk Drive or HTC Sync mode, I've found that messes up Sound Sets and other Sense mappings to files on the memory card. :(

Reactions: Gkins3

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, thats probably it. When I am at work I connect via USB and set it to disk drive to move images and what-not around. When I am at home I use just the wall charger and have never had a problem on my days off. Thanks for the information!

George

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I thought that was it but a'las... it appears not. I have been monitoring the memory card and spiratically my images and audio will not be available. I have to go into the settings and "unmount" and "remount" the card often. Last night when I went to bed the last thing I did was check the alarm tone (saved on the card). When I woke up it was a default alarm.

... its really getting old!

UPDATE: I found a thread on the HTC website that mentioned moving the ringtones and alarms to the other memory card in the phone in a "ringtones" folder (not in a media\ringtones folder). This seems to work and it still recognizes the ringtone. So far so good.

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing similar issues recurring, though have only done some restarts and one shutdown. I find I have to unmount and remount the card.

... I haven't tried the alternate folders /mnt/sd_card/ringtones, vice /mnt/sc_card/media/audio/ringtones/) but had to keep my sounds OFF /mnt/sd_card/ because when they were lost, there was no way to remount them without plugging into a computer. I hardly do that anymore, I do all syncing over the air.

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing similar issues recurring, though have only done some restarts and one shutdown. I find I have to unmount and remount the card.

... I haven't tried the alternate folders /mnt/sd_card/ringtones, vice /mnt/sc_card/media/audio/ringtones/) but had to keep my sounds OFF /mnt/sd_card/ because when they were lost, there was no way to remount them without plugging into a computer. I hardly do that anymore, I do all syncing over the air.

Well, I thought my alternate folder thing would work as it seemed fine for 2 days. Then this morning it happened again. Back to square 1.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante