New Lock Screen

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Today for about 15 minutes, the lock screen on my Amaze was different. It went automatically from the standard ring where you pull up,,to a blue screen with a search bar at the top, a full ring in the middle to pull up, down, left, or right, and a slider Bon the left for profile changes. I saw this lock screen only twice and when I went to show someone else, it was back to the standard ring. Any ideas? I have no 3rd party home screens or launchers installed.

George

earthforce_1

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just had the same thing happen to my Galaxy S3 - the worst part is my face unlock doesn't work anymore, so I had real trouble getting into my phone. The face unlock went to a blank screen with no camera working, then it timed out back to the lock screen. No option to enter my PIN backup! The only way out of this mess was to place an emergency call, then abort which would bring up the enter PIN screen. My "koi" lock screen cannot override or replace the new blue lock screen, even when I reselect it.

Nice feature, but it wasn't sufficiently tested before they rolled it out. :mad:

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I did some searching and I believe what we were seeing was Quick Launch - Lock Screen from Conduit (Google Play link). I have no idea how it got on my phone as I have never had it installed or anything like it. But the images in Google Play looks like that is what it was.

1.jpg

desmondo163

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Accuweather!

In my case an Accuweather update introduced this new unwanted lock screen.

I think I was able to disable it (still have to see if it stays disabled) by:

Go to Accuweather app.
Go to settings.
Turn on the Accuweather lock screen.
Go to lock screen options.
Disable the lock screen (first check box).

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
WHAT in holy hell is an Accuweather app doing installing a lock screen replacement?!

Sounds Trojan to me.... :what:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech